Spiders and Webbing 27 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I have noticed that there are a few different designs among the fandom in regards to spider ponies, so I figured I would ask and see what you all thought. Which one do you like the most?

1. Pega-spider: These are spider ponies that are have four arachnid legs stretching out from their back, kind of like a pegasus's wings.
  2. 8 Legged: Instead of having four pony legs, the spider pony now has eight legs (are usually arachnid in nature).
  3. 2 Front, 6 Back: In this design the spider pony has two pony front hooves, which look kind of like arms and six spider hind legs (usually attached to a spider like abdomen.

A part of me really likes number 3 but I also kind of like number 1. What do you think?

Thicc Scrafty
Group Admin

When I think of Spider ponies I really like, usually it's number 2. My other big favorite thing is being caressed by multiple hands/hooves/ appendages, and it's pretty easy to imagine when they are all a similar size, or have a lot of reach.

Though I gotta admit, something about number 3 is pretty alluring.

They're all interesting ways of combining the spider and pony build (hadn't even thought of the first one, for example), but I'd still have to go with three. Although in my case, I'd give them eight rear legs and treat the front two hooves as pedipalps. Everyone seems to forget the pedipalps.

Also, if it wasn't for the multiple eyes, I'd say two was basically a Sleipnir-like design (Sleipnir being the eight-legged steed of Odin in Norse mythology). It's cool, but it also doesn't have the clear arachnid inspiration of the other two.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3