Hacker Pony Group 33 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Sunset Shimmer supposedly posed as the (hu)mane six, aside from Twilight, and sent false emails/texts to each of them.

The question is, how did she do it?

Did she brute-force her way into their emails using those password generators?

Lucky guesses?

Stolen phones?

Or did she secretly booby-trap fake updates to the apps on their phones to install a keylogger to allow her to spy on their phone's activities through a backdoor?

Either way, I'ma write a short story about possible ways she might've earned money in the human world, including bypassing the security on major credit card firms.

Robipony
Group Admin

5703040 That does sound interesting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :pinkiesmile:

5703059 so which would you prefer?

Robipony
Group Admin

5703360 I like the idea of her being able to hack into their phones somehow. Perhaps she stole the first phone and then with her hacking skills (which I don't know how she learned that, it would definitely be something that should be addressed in the story) was able to use the messages from that phone to hack the other phones using the messages to create backdoors.

Fake updates could always work too. After all if the main character uses the exact same method to do a similar tasks and somehow manages to succeed this would generally take away the realism of the story. So perhaps a fake update is one way she takes over one of the Mane 6's phone.

5703751 I'm thinking that she could've set up a dummy cell tower to push the fake update over the air without anyone noticing. After all, its relatively easy to fake a signal from one.

Robipony
Group Admin

5703762 If you think she can do that, then let it be so. :pinkiesmile:

I am very curious as to how Sunset Shimmer learned her hacking skills, but of course I am sure you will cover that in your story. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7