The Society of Mildly Annoyed Liberals 57 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

Well, now Biden can't even say he's winning in the swing states. In all but Wisconsin, polls show him losing. And voters, for reasons unknown, honestly believe they'd be better off with Trump back at the helm despite all the evidence right out there that Trump is incapable of good management and would not be able to solve any of the problems he claims he can solve. If Biden is indeed going to run again and not step aside like he should, he needs to put himself out there! He needs to be a salesman, particularly in the suburbs. And Democrats, particularly the DNC, need to stop playing nice. If democracy is truly at stake, act like it! Who cares what the proverbial "swing voters" will feel if they honestly believe Trump is better? You can't fix stupid, so don't try! Spend your time demonstrating not just compentency, but an urgency to actually fight back!

But I think the easier solution would be to just let Biden step aside, even in favor of Harris. Let someone else run, shake things up and put the GOP on the defensive, if only for a moment. Failing that, don't sit back and wait. I really do hate using the "Lesser of two evils" strategy, but we know what the alternative is, and voters need to be reminded of that. It's not hypothetical, it's actually been proven! And instead of trying to convince old voters who already have their minds made up, focus on the young voters who need to be motivated to come out! Georgia and Arizona show what can happen when we focus on the future, not the past.

As for the Senate, if losing control of it is the price to pay for getting rid of Manchin and Sinema, so be it. It is past time the filibuster was abolished, it has never stopped bad legislation from being passed. And no one senator from any state should be allowed to indefinitely block everything just because they don't like it.

But maybe, even though I'm dreading it, the worst needs to happen for enough people to care and realize what they've lost. Maybe too many people just don't care enough about democracy anymore because decades of the center ruling has left the provervibal center unable to meet the urgency of the present, because it's spent its life since the 80's trying to avoid conflict.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1