The Society of Mildly Annoyed Liberals 57 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/politics/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-chappaqua/index.html

Authorities have intercepted bombs intended for former President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and several other top political figures were targeted in what authorities are investigating as a connected series of incidents.

Also, CNN's New York bureau in the Time Warner Center was evacuated after a package containing a bomb, addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan, was discovered, city and local law enforcement officials said.

In addition, sources told CNN that a suspicious package intended for California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters was intercepted at a congressional mail screening facility in Maryland; New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo received what he said was a device at his Manhattan office; and the San Diego Union-Tribune evacuated its building after "suspicious looking packages" were spotted outside.

The developments, which unfolded rapidly and continued steadily into the afternoon, touched off fear and confusion and immediately invited questions about the motives of those responsible. The recipients of the packages are all prominent targets of right-wing criticism and, in many cases, of President Donald Trump himself.

So somebody's clearly targeting people opposed to Trump here.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

6636284 I know it's probably rash to say that whoever sent the bombs is a Trump supporter. But it's way too coincidential that these bombs would be sent now, when polls show that Democrats are expected to retake the House (though the same polls show they're not likely to flip the Senate and may in fact lose seats) meaning they could issue subpeoneas for Trump and various officials in his administration, and right as Trump has tried to exploit the recent migrant caravan that will not arrive in time to register to vote in any elections, while the Stock Market tanks as companies feel the heat of his trade war policies, and the president's ties to Saudia Arabia have come under scrutiny.

Trump supporters are claiming this is a false flag operation by Democrats, but do they really think Democrats would need to stage bomb scares to rally their supporters? Especially when Obama and Bernie have started stumping like mad, and many Democrats are laying the groundwork for a 2020 run?

So somebody's clearly targeting people opposed to Trump here.

Not necessarily. Look closely. What else do the intended victims have in common?
Not a progressive in sight, they're all corporate-bought establishment candidates. Except for Soros: he's a donor rather than a donee, but it's still linked to the same corrupt system of legalized bribery.

Does that mean that the perpetrator _wasn't_ pro-Trump? No. But until a bomb ends up in the mailboxes of Tulsi Gabbard, Bernie Sanders, Ro Khanna, or anyone remotely like that, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that this could be an angry progressive (which wouldn't make it right, of course! I'm just saying. It's a possibility.)

Although, right-wingers do most of the terrorism so . . .

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

6636633 If it were the Clintons that wouldn't be suspicious, there are a lot of people all over the world who hate them and it's not like this is the first time a former president was targetted. H.W. Bush was targetted for assasination in Iraq just after he left office, but the FBI thwarted the plan.

But the fact that Soros and the Obamas, as well as CNN and virtually every prominent Democrat who's ever had been a target of Trump's criticism have all received similar packages makes it difficult to see them as isolated incidents and not part of an intentional attack on Trump's critics.

If it were the Clintons that wouldn't be suspicious

The Clintons were targeted too, I think.

But the fact that Soros and the Obamas, as well as CNN and virtually every prominent Democrat who's ever had been a target of Trump's criticism have all received similar packages makes it difficult to see them as isolated incidents and not part of an intentional attack on Trump's critics.

Who said anything about isolated incidents? Did I? I said that it was possible that an angry progressive was doing the bombings, rather than an angry Trump supporter.

So far as I know, not a single progressive has been targeted. If it were a Trump supporter, it should be BOTH establishment Democrats and progressives getting bombs in their mailboxes, not just the corporate sellouts. But then, if it were a progressive, then both Hillary and Trump would be getting bombs, I guess. My point is we don't know for sure who's doing this yet.

If I had to bet money, though? A right-winger. Definitely a right-winger. They don't do 100% of the terrorism but they sure as heck do a vast majority of it.

Definitely a Trump supporter, then.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

6637300 At this point, I'd be honestly shocked if the sender wasn't at least somehow motivated by Trump's rethortic and the GOP's refusal to do anything about it. At least with paranoid Nixon you had Republicans willing to put the country first, even Barry Goldwater ultimately went to the White House to tell Nixon they couldn't protect him any longer, basically confirming that Nixon would be impeached if he didn't resign. These days, I don't see any current GOP members in Congress willing to do the same.

At least with paranoid Nixon you had Republicans willing to put the country first, even Barry Goldwater ultimately went to the White House to tell Nixon they couldn't protect him any longer, basically confirming that Nixon would be impeached if he didn't resign. These days, I don't see any current GOP members in Congress willing to do the same.

That is the problem these days. Everyone seems to put party first and not care one iota about the country. Let's say Trump was to do something that would be an impeachable offense, the GOP led Congress would protect him. This ain't like it was in 1974 when the two parties at least tried to work together. Here in 2018, Trump could likely be directly behind sending all these packages and the republicans would turn a blind eye to it.

Now I do think one of his supporters was likely behind this because it seems as though his supporters have a hive mind mentality. Trump is the queen bee and they are his drones. It is a matter of who the packages were sent to, his adversaries. It wasn't that long ago that at a Trump rally that the crowd began to chant "CNN Sucks" and just a few days later, CNN gets one of those packages. Some may say that the person who sent the packages wasn't motivated by him but I think otherwise. His rhetoric is doing nothing but dividing this nation further and causing his most devoted followers to actually act out on it.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

6637719 Exactly. I don't think it's coincidence that these noticeable targets of Trump's rhetoric have received these packages, George Soros is the one he charged with funding that migrant caravan, we all know he and the GOP continue to thrive on bashing Hillary when most Democrats just want her and Bill to go away, Obama is still popular with lots of minorities and continues to look like a saint compared to Trump, Biden was Obama's V.P. and could be an early front runner to challenge Trump in 2020, and CNN is the network that more so than any other has been critical of his administration. And the state they're currently focusing on for the origin of the packages is Florida, where one of the most watched Senate and Governors races are currently unfolding.

Whoever it is sent a couple more bombs intended for Joe Biden as well.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/25/politics/bombs-clinton-obama-waters-biden/index.html

At this point I'd be really surprised if it wasn't a Trump supporter doing this.

So they caught the guy who did it, not surprised at all that he's a Trump supporter.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/26/politics/suspicious-packages-arrest/index.html

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12