Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 65
Penn Hooven
Group Admin

We've seen pictures of ponies with cloths and without cloths. We've seen ponies stand and walk around on their hind legs, and just stay on all fours. How do we want our ponies?

To keep it from getting to crazy, we aren't doing anthros. I want to keep the races pure for the time being. (before you paint a masterpiece, learn how to paint something simple, right?)

How do we want our ponies in Ferrier Falls?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5507327 personally i think clothes would be a good idea. both gives us more design options and we wont have nudist pony colonies like in mlp.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507460 That's my line of thought.

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5507480 the less hasbro can strike us for the better.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507514 I don't want to make them anthro, but maybe they could be half? I cringe suggesting this, but they could have hooves for feet and hands? I don't want to go anthro, but how could we make it so they keep all hooves without making it too...unpractical?

Two ideas, their front hooves are like this:

The other idea is they have special horseshoes for their fore hooves that lets them pick up stuff. Like not quite a claw hand, but something like that? Or their tools and stuff is just made to be used by hooves?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5507528 personally i'm not a huge fan of anthro. while it would easily prevent the copyright strikes would it be worth it to sacrifice what this whole idea is based on?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507572 When I think of anthro, I think of an animal with hands and feet while staying that animal type. If we create ponies that stay on their hind legs, that wears cloths, but still have hooves, I think I could live with that. Example:

I'm looking at stage 2. I could live with stage two, but with more clothes.

I vote clothes

and maybe only the Earth/Land/Tarra-ponies have marshmallow
and the others have special horseshoes for their fore hooves that lets them pick up stuff.

edit: BUT, the OctoPonies have a BIG plunger at the end of there hooves.

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5507588 yeah, i could live with stage two. for some reason i was imaging them the size of humans which i was not ok with. and definitely more clothes.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507602 I think it'd be fun to have them be about half the size of humans? So 3-3 1/2 feet tall?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507589 Interesting idea to have the land/earth/tarra ponies have soft hooves so they can pick up stuff while the others have hard hooves. that would make them unique from the others, just as wings and horns make the other unique. We'll hang on to that idea.

5507609 and I was also thinking the Earth/Land/Tarra-ponies have a 6th sense
or is that too Hasbro ?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507612 6th sense? Like they can identify what kind of soil is good for planting, or they can tell what kind of rock could have either gems or coal inside?

And 6th sense isn't a hasbro thing, so I think we'd be good with that.

5507625 Ya, but also like Pikie-sense, and Maud-Sense... :derpyderp2:

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507633 Hmmm....I see Unicorns having that more, as they'd be closer to magic than most of the other races, except for maybe dragons. Like intuition or a form of foretelling.

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5507606 yeah that would make them short enough that their still ponies and not pony shaped humans.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507698 exactly! Plus, they'd be so cute :rainbowkiss:

5507609 BUT, the OctoPonies have a BIG plunger at the end of there hooves.
and no bones

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5507812 No, Octos (Octis?) would have their mane mad out of tentacles. It would make them excellent mechanics, as they could hold many tools at once, and even work multiple things at the same time. Maybe we should name them Tentaraks?

5507823 an other vote for the names

Tentaraks = OctoPonies = Tentacle-Ponies

grey mane
Group Admin

5507327 It would be best to have them be anthropomorphic. They still retain their pony appearances while also looking differently than what hasbro does.

5508301 number 2 !?

grey mane
Group Admin

5509062 I was thinking between 3 and 4 would be more like it.

5509571 What's the different(s) with 3 and 4 ?

p.s. Do we have of that time of image ?

grey mane
Group Admin

5509587 I'm not sure if we have that kind of image. But the difference between them is that 4 is closer to human appearances, specifically in the face and her skin tone is the color of what her fur would have been. Where as 3 is closer to pony in the same manner and the fact she has fur rather than it being skin. A mix between the two would be slightly human in the facial features while keeping the pony aspect, and her body would retain her fur in the same manner we humans keep our body hair.

A patch on the forearms, some on the legs, armpits, places like that on female. On male the obvious back and chest would have patches or be fully covered (depending on what type of pony they are).

5509702 ok.

p.s. Let's Vote on which ones we want

A) 2
B) 3
C) 3.5
D) 4

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

Something might have come up, making it so we could have ponies stay ponies, and not go into them being anthros.

grey mane
Group Admin

5510321 That's good, but it would still be a good idea to explore that option just in case.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5510889 well what we could do is make it half and half. When ponies are traveling, they walk on all fours because it's easier, and natural for them. And when they're going short distances, or they're doing business with other creatures, like going to the store or working, they stay on their hind legs as it easier to interact with the environment and those around them.

grey mane
Group Admin

5511131 True, and you said that humans live along side them right?

grey mane
Group Admin

5511236 Then we could working the anthro as a sub species of both, we can then argue that the anthro versions just evolved a little differently than their four legged cousins.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511252 I don't know about that. It just seems like an extra complication at this point. I mean we have five different types of ponies, so making anthro species would just too much. I could see that the ponies are somewhat anthro, and they only go to all fours if they're traveling long-distance, like between cities, Maybe to make it easier to carry luggage or cargo. But all the other times, it's just easier to be on two legs to deal with everybody else and the environment.

grey mane
Group Admin

5511291 Well it was just an idea to have on the side if need be. And I do hope that things go smoothly.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511322 considering that there's pros and cons to both sides, maybe we should just make this a vote. Will ask whether we want the ponies to be anthro, ponies, or half'n'half with a brief explanation of what each choice would be.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511322 something else to consider with this, is we are making this to appeal to other MLP fans. If we make too many changes concerning the ponies, it could take away what others might like and even if we get this out there, it wouldn't have much support. Remember, the major point of this is to attract pony content creators so they have a place to create their own content.

Actually, if we did make another sub species that is anthropomorphic, then maybe that might attract that style of fans. Maybe were looking at this wrong? What if we need to start by making a large city with several smaller cities around it, and have each small city be dedicated to a different race, or species. Then we could have almost as many varying races and species as we would want and have the main city be more like a giant market hub.

There could be potential in that idea. What do you think?

grey mane
Group Admin

Honestly I like the idea of having a large hub surrounding a main city, allowing for the potential for different races and species. But if you want to take the anthropomorphic into a vote we can. But I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of making them a species for that group of artist to explore with as they like.

And lets be honest, even if we did appeal to the current fandom. The anthro artists would still end up anthro versions of the characters.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511388 That's true. I think we'll bring it up to the group. I think most people in the group were expecting anthros anyways.

With things going the way they are, it almost seems like we should center Ferrier Falls around the ponies, while the other races (even though they'd have some sort of base camp near the hub) come from other lands. Like, Ferrier Falls would be the equivalent of Equestria (completely govern by ponies) while there's other countries for Dragons and Griffins and Minitars, and Humans.

BTW, how Anthro do we want them to be?

Which number?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Actually, I kinda assumed that we'd have one big mixed city, the mostly single species districts, and then little kingdoms for different species, so I was kinda figuring it'd be something like that.

We do need to figure out the whole political side of things, too. I'm not sure if this is more feudal, democratic, somewhere in between, or something else. I sorta think a constitutional monarchy for your main area might be fun, and small kingdoms, where they might only be one or a couple cities.

Part of it is what type of stories we are told, because different setups are better for different stories.

Oh, also, maybe most ponies are on all fours except when they have a reason to stand up, but the ones that spend a bunch of time with bipedal races stand on two legs more. Sort of like you can do either, and it isn't that much of a bother, but you do what you're used to.

--Sweetie Belle

grey mane
Group Admin

5511399 That was a conversation I had a little while ago. And had suggested a mid range between 3 and 4. Here's the conversation 5509702

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511400 originally I was thinking some kind of republic? All the races select a representative to help run the nation?

And I like the idea of ponies doing either or. I could see farmers seldom have a need to stand up, while city ponies do it all the time. i.e. Applejack would stay on all fours, while Rarity would always be on her hind legs because of her job, and being stylish.

Still, maybe we should have another race just for anthros?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511401 hmmm...Interesting.

grey mane
Group Admin

5511413 Thank you.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511415 I think we should make a vote if we should add anthros? or how anthro the anthros should be?

grey mane
Group Admin

5511416 Voting on how they should be would be the best option.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511420 right. :ajbemused: Now it's just finding the best way to do the voting.

grey mane
Group Admin

5511423 Post it as a blog listing the options as either a numerical or alphabetical choices, with descriptions for each along side them.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5511431 Good idea. I think I'm off for the night. It's late where I'm at.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm also thinking that when the group votes on things, that shouldn't be so much that whatever they pick is definitely what we're going with as that we're doing it so we know the most popular opinions when we pick what route we go with. It's sort of like that's more likely to be the route we choose, but the popular way to go isn't always going to be the best way for worldbuilding, especially if the vote is close.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 65