Pinkie Pie 491 members · 1,035 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

If Pinkie isn't stupid, then why do so many authors write her as stupid?

When do authors write her as stupid?

7012463 It doesn't help that oftentimes in the show itself she's portrayed as being extremely stupid, so I think that's where authors get it from.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

7012487 Do people write Rarity as being selfish whenever the show portrays her as such, or Twilight as a neat freak whenever the show portrays her as one? No. So why is that whenever Pinkie Pie acts the least bit stupid for any reason, writers assume she's always like that?

7012816 I've seen plenty of fics that portray Rarity as selfish or as Twilight as a neat freak.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

7012916 But not nearly to the extent of Pinkie Pie being stupid even when the instances of her being stupid are actually fewer than fans will have you believe. They just stand out because they're so bad.

7013185 The most egregious examples are in "There's a Crowd" and "Yakkity-Sax." I can't think of any other instances besides those two. She caught on pretty quickly to what was going on in "Party of One." And instances pf Rarity being greedy or Twilight beibg a neat freak are far fewer in the show than Pinkie being atupid.

I see a lot of authors out there with no sense of humor. Authors who don't understand optimists because all they see is a horrible world where people do horrible things to each other.

To these people, Pinkie is either an idiot, or a psychopath waiting to explode. Because how can anybody laugh when we are clearly living in hell on earth?

...And then the puberty hormones wear off and they get a lot better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8