Respectful Debates 11 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

When I first saw the Finale for season 5, I was surprised at how dark the first universe was.
For almost all the seasons, Hasbro has never shown warfare on MLP, so when I first saw it, I was more than a little shocked.

What were your thoughts on it and what do you think it means for the future of MLP?

5173659 I thought it was great. While I believe that the changeling invasion in season 2 was the first hint at war, showing a battlefield was a major step. It wasn't cutesy, it wasn't pleasant, it was dark and grim. Sombras troops actually looked evil, and while the combat was a bit cartoony it was effective in showing how far equestria has fallen. But I think the biggest part of the whole scene was the inclusion of rainbow dash. They could have just as easily slapped her in a suit of armor and called it a day. But instead, they tore her up, making her look like an actual soldier rather than just a pony in armor. Overall I'd say it was a great segment for the episode and I hope future episodes can have the same elements woven in.

Aside what Recovery 15 said - It was rather silly seeing them flailing around at each other in the "war"... Still, it was glorious.

Moar please?

5173697 I agree, the Wonderbolt's armor reminded me of Storm Trooper armor from WH40K, and I have the feeling that they may show more war scenes in the course of season 6

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5