Sharktavia 74 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 78 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 78
Majin Syeekoh

Okay guys, the Sharktavia group is holding a Sharktavia contest for shits and giggles.

Also because we need more Sharktavia stories and we want to see how you guys interpret the majesty that is Sharktavia.

Rules:
1.Pick a counting number(e.g., 1,2,3,4,5…)that hasn’t been previously taken and isn’t 1. So no 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, or 12.

2.Call it “Sharktavia [the number you chose]:[subtitle here]. Subtitles are encouraged to have shark/water/ocean related puns to be considered a Sharktavia story.

3.Use this coverart

4.Write a Sharktavia fic! 2,000 words minimum, but if you get too crazy with the words I might have my buddy track you down so I can flood your house/apartment/dorm room/car/dumpster with pudding.

5.Submit to Contest Shark Folder

6.Wait

Contest ends April 14, and judging will be done by Kamikakushi, me, and we’ll probably drag one or two people into this mess.

The prize is satisfaction and victory.

We’re looking forward to your entries!

PegasusMesa
Group Admin

Are you fucking serious? Present Perfect is going to murder me.

Majin Syeekoh

5882207 You better invest in some personal security then.

Well, I've been looking for a way to reboot my brain. Was planning on working on 10 during April Tomfoolery anyway.

we want to see how you guys interpret the majesty that is Sharktavia.

So, I assume this means that the previous contributors to this epic saga are advised not to compete?

Which, for the record, I'm fine with.

Oh we can totally compete if we make our stories different from what we already wrote.

Or so I hear.

Don't make me use the pudding, people. Don't do it.

Would it matter if Sharktavia weren't?

DOES SHARKTAVIA IS GAY?

Sharktavia is gay is the most discussed in the media in the few years ago. Even it has happened in 2012, but some of the public still curious about what is exactly happening and to be the reason there is a rumor comes out about her gay. At that time she became the massive social networking rumor. The public, especially her fans are shocked. SHe just came out with her bad rumor which is spread massively. This time is not about her music career, but her bad rumor. The rumor is out of standardize of hoax, according the last reported this shark revealed herself as homosexual. Do you still believe or not, this rumor is really much talked by people even in a person of her fans.

Or you could just write more chapters to the one you already have. *nudge* *nudge*

Also I just had a really stupid idea someone can use in my stead:

Sharktavianado

5882325 ...

Not sure if we should shame you for that.

While I won't be entering a story, I eagerly await the zaniness that comes out of this contest. Anything with Sharktavia can only end well, right? :twilightsmile:

PegasusMesa
Group Admin

Lewis and Clarktavia Do Atlantis

What the hell am I getting into

Majin Syeekoh

5882502 Magic.

Friendship magic.

I have been meaning to write a Sharktavia story, but I was thinking of a rather unconventional title. Would Sharktavia i: Sharktavia Evolved be acceptable?

(Not 1 or Roman numeral I but i, as in the square root of negative one.)

Majin Syeekoh

5882572 Yeah sure

but you’re the only one because you had the gumption to ask

Could mine be something like Sharktavia Forever: Deadpan Shark?

Majin Syeekoh

5882914 you unfortunately get to choose a number

The real magic happens in the subtitle:pinkiecrazy:

How about Sharktavia 17: Shark Happens?

Majin Syeekoh

5882936 That would fit within the parameters.:twilightsmile:

You realize, of course, that at some point somebody's going to go in and fill all the gaps.

Majin Syeekoh

5883161 As long a Sharktavia 1 is untouched, I think everyone here will agree that that’s perfectly acceptable.:scootangel:

...why is Sharktavia 1 untouched?

Lord Destrustor
Group Admin

I'm fully in favor of an arms race to the most insane, non-euclidean number possible.

Lord Destrustor
Group Admin

Because then it'd look like an actual series with a logical following order, and we can't have that.

Sharktavia is the perfect intersection of shit and posting. Expect an exceptionally dumb entry from me, which I've been meaning to do for some time anyway.

Put me down for Sharktavia 9: Shark of Inspiration.

It is done. Not sure if I need to tag 5882573 on this, so let's do that just to be safe.

Majin Syeekoh

5895538 Your entry has been noted.:twilightsmile:

5882201 Put me down for Sharktavia 2000: Subtitle To Be Determined (no... like, I need to determine the subtitle. That's not it. AARRGH.)

5895538 Gratz on the feature (however brief!) for your monstrosity. :derpytongue2: Though wouldn't it belong in The Shark Folder in addition to The Contest Shark Folder?

Majin Syeekoh

5896419 Okie dokie. :twilightsmile:

Also it’s not biggie as long as it’s in the Contest Shark Folder imo

5896452 WAIT WAIT NO I TAKE IT BACK

Sharktavia 40,000: In The Grim Sharkness Of The Far Future There Is Only Wharf

:pinkiecrazy:

I was planning on my own soiree into this contest to be:

Sharktavia 5... Thousand, Eye of the Tiger (Shark)

It's a story about how Octavia was just a bum cellist from the Canterlot Slums, until she was given a shot at the big time. Oh, and she's a were-shark. Can't forget that.

Majin Syeekoh

5896887 That’s perfectly acceptable by me.:pinkiehappy:

I regret many things in life... Making this may be one of them...

What... has... SCIENCE DONE?????

Darn it, "What Science Has Done" would've been a perfect chapter title for my entry. No one seemed to notice the nucleotide acrostic. Philistines.

But I ramble. Amazing Jaws homage.

You can use it, I have mine picked out already. :trollestia:
Also, Coffeeminion already said it to me in a pm, but I'm totally stealing it as a caption or title for that image:

"You're gonna need a bigger cello."

Do I have to use the prescribed cover art?

Similar to the art question, I wonder how firm we are on the 2k minimum? And what time on the 14th do proceedings close? (BASICALLY WHAT EVEN ARE RULES)

Majin Syeekoh

5902486 Basically, if you hit the 15th, you’ve gone too far.

Majin Syeekoh

5902486 Sorry, I just woke up.

You have until April 14th 11:59 PM SST. That’s GMT -12

5902517 Aha, SST. Good to know. (oh crap no friday night aargh)

Mine is up, but for some reason it hasn't listed as posted yet...

Here's the link, just didn't want to miss the deadline: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/370069/sharktavia-5-thousand-eye-of-the-tiger-shark

Edit, never mind, got it in in time... I think :rainbowderp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 78