Weed World 832 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

What if I wrote a Weedverse story that had a dark tag?

Now, hold on, we're not talking dark for the sake of dark or a legion of black plot bunnies!

But this would be a story about the dark itself, and the dark tag would be appropriate. I've been tossing around this idea you see... this idea about a earth pony that gets involved with a certain mare. Now, this mare, she has a dark secret, a terrible dark secret, a lingering disease. And during a moment of heated passion, she gives him (or her... it could be her I suppose) a nip on the neck. A love bite. Unbeknownst to the both of them, this mare, she has fangs at the moment. She's normally quite shy and would never bite anypony, but when the full moon comes, she has... she has hungry, needy spells.

So, now bitten, our protagonist finds themselves being overcome with a strange disease. The light begins to hurt them. They begin to have a strange hunger for juice. Fruit juice satisfies, but ponies are juicy too. Ponies are soft, tender, squeezable, and full of delicious juice. Eventually, they realise that they are sick. Something is wrong. When the wings sprout, they know that something is terribly wrong. And so they go to Princess Luna for help, not knowing what else to do.

It fits into the Weedverse because it will be a story about growth and dealing with adversity. Having an incurable disease, having to face challenges, the biggest being keeping a powerful bestial nature at bay and not sipping the delicious juices of one's fellow ponies. It is about finding purpose in the darkness, while not succumbing to it. It's just an idea that I'm tossing around right now, I don't know if I'll even write it. I just wanted to know what people thought. It's been pretty persistent in my thoughts for at least the last two or three months or so. It's like an itch.

vampony?

I'd say it sounds interesting and could be a lot of fun to explore. Especially if there not an undead vampony but of course everyone including him/her at first assumes that's what they are.

A female lead could be interesting to explore here. Will the desease affect her ability to get pregnet? Would it be passed down to her foals? Can she infect others tempting her to make their own family? Should they kill themselves to escape/end the threat. There's a lot you could explore with the dark tag as your character tried to figure out there life.

That being said jot down notes but for the love of pony don't wright it yet. Your already going full tilt on three amazing stories and the last thing you want to do is burn yourself out.

any how... as my last comment was "short"
my point is,
the idea is good as it tells about the struggle of a pony getting a "new" disease, unlike other storys that deal with such diseases, here we should see it develop and not drop on as "well i'm ___, lets continue"

I would read it. I think it sounds awesome as long as you don't make it too gory and dark. Looking forward to it!

go for it your stories always turn out epic and deep

Well that sounds interesting. If you're up for it go right on ahead.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

No gore. That is to be avoided.

Once bit, twice shy.

So the dark here is the darkness of... the attempt to break out of a pessimistic fatalistic attitude? Where now that he's infected he is now a monster, and figuring out what to do from there?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Yes. Optimism and growth where there seems to be no light to be found.

Sounds interesting. Go for it.

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!:twilightsmile:

But not today, unless it somehow fleshes out a story your already into.

That type of story would be perfect for you to do. You have a way of bringing to life the inner struggles and turmoils that your characters go through that hooks me on every story you've written. It almost reminds me of when you-know-who was becoming a vampire in your Chase story. If you were to expand upon that without it being too gory (although I can handle gore) I am sure you would hit another grand slam with this story. I don't know if I'm just rambling at this point but ONLY if you have the time and energy, you should give it a try. I would love to read it.

Hope that was helpful.

5217805 But who'd visit such darkness upon the world of Equestria. :fluttershysad:

YES!
I mean, we would be agreeable to this, most certainly.

Dibs.

5217748 First of all, thanks for responding to my comment! *goes to a corner to squeal uncontrollably* *cough* Anyways, since there will be no gore just the usual amazing stuff you give us, then I am on board 100%! Question, will Tarnished and the new pony ever meet up to discuss how to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

I dunno, right now, the story is a skeleton. It is totally fleshless.

I have an idea of how to start it, how to end it, and a rough idea of the middle. I don't even have a gender for the pony protagonist. I just know I want an earth pony for just a teensy-weensy bit of body horror as the wings begin to grow slowly and over time.

It will be a short story. Probably 10 to 20 chapters at the very most. The ending will be about acceptance, because sometimes, that's just how life is.

The deepest shadows lie not in the dark but beneath those who stand only within the harshest light.
Not all darkness is brought by design.

5217712 i like the idea of a female going through these struggles.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'll read anything you put out man. It's all pure gold! I can't wait for this epic story! Keep up the awesome work!

5218457 cool I like this idea. Sometimes, shit happens and you just have to deal with the consequences and move on with your life. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24