The Oversaturated World 589 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So! Let's go down the chain of events relevant to this discussion.

• Bronycon 2019 has officially been declared "The Last Bronycon ever" (other conventions will continue, no matter what)
  • Aquaman has had a CRAZY IDEA to celebrate this, and frankly I like the idea a lot: A Fanfiction Bookstore at Bronycon!
  • I've gone done the list of fics I've written and, huh, there's a lot of them for this shared universe... well, that's certainly interesting.
  • Hey, wait, I have an idea now too!

So: A compendium of Oversaturated works. Or multiple compendiums, I guess. I wanted to throw out the concept for thought.

Here's the structure as far as I can see: Main stories would each get their own printings, with the caveat that they will not be printed if marked incomplete, Canon Shorts would probably all be wrapped into one book (possibly with the "noncanon side stories" thrown in too, and MAYBE Group Precipitation would be split into hundred-chapter anthologies. Sounds fun, right? Well, there are a couple of stumbling blocks.

1. We would need the agreement of all the users we are publishing the works of, because otherwise it would be rude.
  2. Printing of the books would have to come out of pocket as per the rules established by Aquaman.

Yeah. Still... we've got until, hmm. Con is August, assume hammering of things down by july... The end of June 2019 to get this all set up, IF it's going to be a thing. Of course, whether or not it's going to be a thing is really something that needs to be established by the community. (I know I want to complete Sailor Orbital ASAP in order to maybe get in on this, but I also have a lot of other fanfic I want to print for this thing, so...)

Anyway, throwing this idea out there for thought.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

I have been giving it some consideration. At the very least, I'd love to have the primary story available for purchase. Beyond that, we'll have to figure it out and look at printers, cover art, layouts...

This is certainly within the realm of possibility.

I rather disagree.
The primary issue isn't organization so much as budget, at least in my mind.

Im game for any of my shorts to be used, if any qualify. Use of them with my free will.

You've got my permission too.

I wonder if PMs should be fired out to all contributors right now, since it's so early...

Main stories: FanOfMostEverything (5), Masterweaver (4), ArtieStroke (1)
Canon shorts: FanOfMostEverything (7, plus a couple from Sideboard), Masterweaver (4), ArtieStroke (1), Orbiting Kettle (1), Maran (1), SaintAbsol (1)
Noncanon shorts: Masterweaver (1), Maran (1), Zenistrad (1)
Stuff from Precipitation (not guaranteed accurate count):

• FoME (118)
  • Masterweaver (113)
  • ArtieStroke (28)
  • Jenna Cipher (19)
  • Void Knight (15)
  • Tophe (7)
  • EonAon (6)
  • Maran (5)
  • Bardic_Knowledge, Malandy, SaintAbsol (2)
  • archonix, Star Scraper, CrossRedstone, River Road, The wind king, Giginss, KingMoriarty, Bliss Authority, Architect Ironturtle, Thought Prism, BenRG, Ultra-the-Hedgetoaster, Paaaad, Whiteeyes (1)

I give permission for A Solid Foundation to be included, but request that you find some visual gag to replace the “memetic kill agent” just being a link to XUBEDU XUXUBEDU CALL UPON THE SEAAAAPONIES...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9