Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 499 )
  • Viewing 351 - 400 of 499

5658573 Well, earlier the Wind Cutter casted and taught Scour. Not to mention Scammers used to use Scour. Apparently the air must be filled with... Discord's neurotoxin... because everything that relates to Wind, is apparently poisonous...

Dang... Polution is dangerous...

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5658626 Yeah, it's a universal problem. Spell slot 14 was originally Gust with Death at slot 13. When I moved the spells around Gust became 13 and Scour 14, and apparently I suck at changing things to reflect that.

Fixed, download it again. :twilightsmile:

I've noticed that the three elemental shields have had their evasion and magic block reversed from what they were in the original which gives them 10% evasion and 20% magic block in Filly. Now that I'm really looking at them, is it intentional on your part that they have less evasion than the similarly defensive Gold Shield which has an evasion of 20%? It just seems odd that the second best shield you can purchase has slightly higher physical defense and very superior evasion, though I suppose maybe that was for the sake of balance or something? It is still much better for the few light armor characters after all (Not counting the Crystal equipment of course.)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5658778 It was intentional, as it made sense for me that the magic-infused shields are better at magic than physical defense.

Death changed positions too eh? Is it intentional then that both Dark Horse and Osteosaur (both found in Spitfire's tomb) have Death as their Emulate ability?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5658781 that one is, yeah.

I have no idea how this glitch works, but sometimes when you enter the fortress leading to the Esper Cave with Twilight for the first time, Twilight sometimes gets launched way out of bounds at the start of the cutscene. When the cutscene ends, the game locks up because Twilight can't get back to us.

I have no idea what causes it. It may have something to do with the position in her party, a certain combination of characters, I don't know...

I made a little demonstration of it at the beginning of this video.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5664587 That is very curious. The event coding for anything related to that base were unchanged and it shows no difference now. I'll ask the FF6hacking folks.

The Health Ring grants the wielder the ability to cover physical damage for low HP characters. I assume this was accidental but if it wasn't its not reflected in the relic's description.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5675568 Yup, accident. Thanks.

You know what, while I'm here, I'd like to mention that the Crusader Bit does not automatically equip when using the auto-equip option. It instead acts like the imp/dragon equipment and you have to equip it manually.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5675798 Yup, seems item #130 was originally Thornlet. I won't have the time to get into that until the weekend (it'll need hex editing) but I'll make note of it.

Not sure if it is a bug but I tried fighting DkBehemoths and after a bit the game either freezes, crashes my emulator or resets the game (sends me back to title screen).

I only noticed it cause I use the behemoths and the invis/doom(death) trick to speed up magic learning and since that trick has apparently been taken out tired to fight it out the long way yet if the game freezes, crashes or resets, I can't even do that.

Edit: just read through the thread and saw it has already been reported, if fixed feel free to ignore.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5686233 Yes, it was an error with their AI script. Download the newest version and it is fixed.

Demonstrating 2 minor glitches in the beginning of this video. In the underground Esper castle, you can activate the event with obtaining the Esper multiple times, as well as the switch that reveals the underground basement. The Esper is temporary, but the switch is permanent. Otherwise, they don't cause any additional problems.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5754464 Can you send me a save or save state of that point please?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6427657/Filly%20Fantasy%20VI%20Version%201.0.z49

Just before Steamer and the switch is activated. Although this is a file that's doing the Low Level run where characters are only level 13-15 so, careful with the encounters.

Also, can you check the attack script with Lavan? After a while, it seems to do endless Flare Star attacks.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5755397 Thank you.

I saw the YT comment. Lavan's AI script will be entirely rewritten in an upcoming Version 1.1 update.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5755397 Checking things on an unedited vanilla rom it seems that glitch is part of it as well. Though, as you have said it's minor. I could probably fix it, but given that event editing is a pain, I'm not too concerned, TBH.

5755403 Okay then. Maybe I should wait on my videos until that update comes then. I was planning to do the 8 Wraths last before I took on Discord's Tower. But at this point, all I have left to do in terms of bosses is Applejack's Nightmare and the Magic Tower before taking on the Wraths, the Super Bosses, and the final dungeon.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5755710 It shouldn't take long, I hope to have it out by the weekend.

5755735 Great! By the way, curious question. Considering all of the wind and poison confusion that's been going on, is the Wind Rod supposed to cast Scour upon use as an item?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5755772 no it is not. :ajbemused:

Minor text problem. The description for the Scaled Sabre says that it raises MP, but it doesn't.

Something I'm just now learning. MysticSaddle and Star Cloak give immunity to Mute. Neither of these says anything about that. Oversight or no? And if it's not an oversight, does that does that mean the same for the other race equipments like, the Earth Saddle making you immune to Blind and/or like the WingedSaddle making you immune to Slow? RoyalRegalias probably make you immune to Poison status too, huh? Maybe I just never noticed that, but the descriptions of them doesn't say that, and it looks like there's enough room to add that detail.

Is Fluttershy supposed to be able to Throw the Bloodstone because she can throw the Bloodstone along with Pinkie's trick style weapons.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Found a strange glitch with AJ's Swordtechs. I'm at the end of the World of Balance, but I still can't use any Sword Techs beyond dispatch. No matter how long I wait the meter doesn't charge at all. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

That's the latest version... Well, that's gonna have to be fixed before version 2.0.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5898711 Whoops. I'll take a look and try to update sometime tomorrow, thanks.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5898711 Scratch last reply, I'll do a quick fix now.

Thanks for the response, I can confirm the glitch is fixed in my game now. I'll report if anything else comes up.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

5902723 Wonderful, and sorry for the late reply.

I dont know if it bug, glitch or what, but every time i start this game opening credits and cutscene playing over and over again and i can't play the game. Could someone please explain this to me.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Does pressing A or any other button help?

Pressing at specific moment? Because i tried pressing all over keyboard, when opening logo and cutscene repeat itself, to no avail.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Well, presuming you have no previous game data under the same file name, the intro should segue into a new game once you press the A button at any time during the intro. The opening title graphic will immediately cut to the opening prologue, which is what is seen when a proper New Game is begun in the normal save menu, and then when that ends and the opening credits begin, pressing A will skip them to the first part of the game. What key do you have bound to the A button?

Thank's for help. I replased buttons in configuration on controls, didn't notice it right away.

I can't get the rom to run. I tried both ZNES and SNES9X, the former just leaves a black screen and the latter gives me a black screen with red horizontal lines.near the middle. I even tried re downloading, moving the folder it was in and renaming the rom file (though not all at once)

It's not an emulator issue as far as I can tell, as the 1.x version rom still works just fine. (I was actully playing that that when I did a quick check to see if the latest version was out)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Seems the rom was corrupted somehow, download it now and try it.

yep, works now

So... This happened.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Can you pass along a save file or save state to test with plz?

The only time I don't keep a Save State for that. I do have one just after meeting the Espers in Griffon Stone though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvmdotoverjopkp/Filly%20Fantasy%20VI%20Version%202.0.z20?dl=0

It happened after I Fast Forward through it because I wanted to see the best line ever!

Edit: Save State 20

DrakeyC
Group Admin

That'll do, I'll have a fix tomorrow

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Found the problem, actually. I thought this seemed familiar - it's a problem that somehow comes up when using the speed up function of the emulator during the opera. Let the lines play out normally and you should be fine.

Edit: Moved the original post to here because, it's related.

So I noticed this while Veldt hunting in conjunction with grinding the Shadow Splint and teaching Esper Magic.

It's the same line Discord says. Otherwise, all the Behemoth does is just use regular attacks.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yeah, I thought the line that I used for Discord's bit was dummied. In the next update that text will be removed from the Behemoth.

This is a Pincer Attack. Your argument is invalid.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

....okay that's a new one, I didn't meddle with any enemy formations related to them...

• Viewing 351 - 400 of 499