Printed Fiction Hardcopies 398 members · 710 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Ice Star
Group Admin

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here had the experience with Lulu to explain how to change the settings. While public access and private access are easily found on the page of projects, I'm aware of a third setting called select access. Effectively, anyone who has the link can access the project for purchase, and I know that some authors here have utilized it. However, I can't figure out where one goes to set a project to selective access. There is no particular option or page that I can see that offers it. I didn't find anything on the site that was helpful in how to navigate that, so I figured that someone here might know.

Georg has published a few books there, so he may be familiar with it.

I've also wondered how to change the display name, as I wanted to publish books there under my pen name. But I've never been able to figure out how to change that.

Themisto
Group Admin

Hi Ice Star,
Krickis had the same problem with her Deltarune fanfiction Tension Points a few weeks ago. To help her I recommended asking about the problem at the eBook Production Discord. There RBDash47 from Ponyfeather Publishing was able to solve the problem.

Quote RBDash47:

It’s a setting after you publish the book

On the first page of the book make sure you have the Lulu bookstore option selected (not the one that says something like “print for myself” and not the one that talks about global distribution— you want the middle option)

And then at the very end after you’ve run through everything and clicked the final button to approve the book, they’ll give you the choice of having it listed in the bookstore or unlisted or completely private
[...]
When they rebuilt the workflow a couple years ago I thought they had straight-up removed the unlisted option
But it’s really just that they don’t give you the option until after you’ve clicked the final “yes publish my book” button on the very last page
At which point you can choose the unlisted setting and it’ll do exactly what you’re hoping for

I just checked if Deltarune fanfiction from Krickis is listed in her public Lulu account. It is not shown so I believe it qualifies as selective access.

I hope this will solve your question 
~Themisto

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4