Sunset Shimmer is best human! 147 members · 214 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Has anyone else realized that sunset's magic changed after the first movie?

I was watching the beginning of the movie f
yesterday for a chapter of one of my fics when i noticed sunset's magical aura was green when, in rainbow rocks when she glows with her magic it's yellow.

How did i not notice it til now?

What about any of you? Did you notice the colour change?

5862998 I think in this case it's a matter of two things: 1) Where Sunset is. 2) What kind of magic is being used.

When she steals Twi's crown in Equestria, Sunset definitely has a teal magical aura for her telekinetic fields and the glow around her horn. They showcase that quite a bit. However, in Rainbow Rocks, she's "ponying up," which is a completely different kind of magic. In fact, if you watch the rainbow beam that flows up into the sphere, you'll notice that while she made be surrounded by a gold aura, the light that appears in the rainbow is actually red.

In Friendship Games, we see her use magic again, but this time it's gold (though that may have also been a stylistic choice to work against her foe). And in Legend of Everfree, we see a gold and red aura.

In this case, it could simply be that the color changed from Equestria to the CHS world. However, I think it's because she's not using her "innate" unicorn magic, but something that's more a part of her core. Or maybe it's just how Harmony works. After all, Rarity's magical color isn't the blue we're used to from her unicorn counterpart. It's white.

...yes, I may have spent too much time thinking about such things.

There is also - meta plot wise - the fact that the geode that she gets in Everfree is red as well.

I find it interesting that it changed her unicorn aura when she used it in Mirror Magic. While it could be ascribed to artistic team changes, they rarely do something like that by mistake.

Then again, it could be as simple as why Luke’s lightsaber was green in Return of the Jedi: so it would show up against the background.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3