Sunburst 256 members · 161 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Okay, is it just me or do you think that Sunburst was meant to be a counterpart to Twilight? They're both studious, but in Sunburst's case he lacks the magical ability to back up all that he knows about. What are your thoughts on this matter?

I feel like Sunburst is more a male Moondancer than anything. They both are shut-ins who just read 24/7 until they are "rescued." And we never see Moondancer do any powerful magic, so she could have weak mana output like Sunburst.

To me, he sort of feels like Twilight done better. Twilight's presented to us as an awkward nerd, but she makes five fast friends in the space of hours, becomes a princess, and has a macguffin spell for most occasions. Somewhere along the way she became a lot less interesting to me - in her, the show really shows its roots as a childish fantasy for little girls.

Sunburst doesn't have all those nice things. He solves his big problem not by being the all-powerful pretty princess, but by books, books, books. And he's an awkward shut-in without being cartoonishly bitter about it like Moondancer.

He's a very neat, relateable, well-rounded character. There's a reason I'm here.:ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4