The Cutie "Re-Marked"-verse 604 members · 175 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Season 3

Season 5

King Sombra is taller in the Season 5 finale then in the Season 3 Premiere.

So my question is why? It can't an animation error because this is also the same episode we find out he has no cutie mark.

Not necessarily. The Season 3 shot shows him on a balcony, where the floor of the balcony might be set at a bit of a depression to what you actually see - the bottom of that image isn't necessarily the bottom of the balcony. Contrast to Season 5 where you can definitely see the contact between his hooves and the floor.

I think its because of animation refinement. Its kind of what happened to Luna.

The only reason why we had season 1 Luna was because they wanted to get it done quickly and have the episode out so they used that model instead of what we know Luna now. So, they wantd to get him out a little quicker before they refined him.

But look his proportion are all longer, his neck, his legs, his cape. All make him look longer and taller, like an Alicorn, but with no wings.

He is much more powerful? And his body isn't Likly made of smoke anymore

They probably just decided to re-design him slightly. It's kind of like looking at your artwork a year after you made it, and deciding to tweak it a little bit.

4930507 Found a video with all scenes of him in season 3. Hope it helps.

His lack of a cutiemark is also evident in season 3, albeit just for a second. And seeing how King Sombra in comic doesn't have one either, they just left his lack of a cutiemark as it was.

4938116 Well this does help out. If pause just right at the perfect scene of Cadence grabbing the Crystal Heart. It show Sombra's is similar or the same as Cadence's height. This is poof that he is taller in season 5.

Because in season 5 King Sombra stands beside several Crystal ponies

each crystal pony is roughly the height of most of the mane 6.

The image shows that King Sombra is now around twice as tall as the crystal ponies. This put him even taller Cadence, because she is only somewhat taller then crystal ponies. In fact I would say that his new height would put as tall as Luna or even Celestia.

4966454 Actually I went back and watch the Crystal Empire part 2(Well at least the parts with him in it) on my DVR and saw that when he is in his solid form, his eyes only glow when he is angered.

4966498 Yes, it definitely would have.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14