The Cutie "Re-Marked"-verse 604 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

This is something that I notice within this group. It seems like that people is more interested in certain timelines then others. So far, there is like 3-6 stories in Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon and Ashland timelines, a whopping 20 stories in Crystal War, but no stories set within the Tirek's or Discord's timelines. Heck, even the Flim-Flam timeline has at least 1 story to its folder.

I guess certain timeline is more popular then others.

I guess, because some timelines were so short one could hardly work with them. And because we all sent preferences.

4905124 Maybe the Flim-Flam timeline should be part of the 'Other Timelines' folder or a folder that explores other possible timelines that were not seen or mentioned?

A timeline where Trixie still rules with her alicorn amulet. A timeline where Pinkie's clones have overrun Equestria. etc. etc.

Pinkie Pie clones overrun Equestria... try to picture that! Lol!

Give it time, it's only been a week and a half. I don't doubt the ratio will remain unbalanced, but some ideas take longer to grow than others.

And it is not really a surprise that the timelines that got many minutes dedicated to them (Sombra, Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon) would be more inspiring than just the quick flashes we got from others. In Sombra timeline we found out lots of stuff from many characters and places, in Chrysalis's and Nightmare Moon's we only know what happened to two of the mane six, and nothing how the rest of Equestria looks.

And Ashlands is popular because everyone can come up with it's villain on their own, and it leaves so much room for imagination. :derpytongue2:

Heck, even the Flim-Flam timeline has at least 1 story to its folder.

Hm. What idiot thought that was a good idea? :twilightblush:

This was bound to happen honestly, and it's hardly surprising. Given the oversaturation of war-related fics on this site, the Crystal War being the most common one doesn't surprise me too much. It's only been a short time since the finale and everybody has been struck with the urge to write a fanfic about them, and people seem to be gravitating towards the ones with the most potential opportunity. War presents tons of opportunities: romances or dramas seem to gain power when set against the backdrop of war. Plus there's the war-time slice of life to consider: detailing the war efforts away from the fighting. It's more or less the easiest timeline to write in, because it's the most complete.

Point is, give it some time, You'll probably see more representation of the other timelines once the initial rush dies down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7