The Cutie "Re-Marked"-verse 604 members · 175 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

In the episode, applejack clearly stated that its taking everyone doing their part in the war effort and that despite the fact that sunbutt is clearly leading the charge; so essentially equestria is in a state of total war against the empire like how the US was against the axis powers in WW2

But that just leaves me with a question: How in the hell hasnt the crystal empire been bent over the knee and smacked to oblivion as soon as equestria's industy got into full swing akin to germany and japan in 1944 and 45? Its blaintly obvious that the Empire is far smaller and would have a lack of any modern industy that the equestrians would have had ready access too since its been away for a millenia and the population would be too small to keep up with the demand for soldiers even if every single crystal mare and stallion in the empire is being mindcontrolled into being soldiers

The only thing (manpower wise) i can honestly see happening is that Sombra and his legion have taken to locally "recuiting" from the native equestrians in the land that they have taken over and....

:facehoof: im totally overthinking a not even ten minute scene in a kids cartoo :rainbowlaugh:

We never Really saw ALL of the Crystal Empire, only is capital. Theres probly more of it out there some where, not to menion sombra conquered HALF OF EQUESTRIA, thus boosting his power

Yeah, im just going off of assumprion that it was just one big ass city and some surrounding country...

4902799 Many people do these days.

But yeah, hes bound to have used the rescources hes gained from the lands hes taken over

And ill admit, that i am writing something about a civillian who actually got captured and helmeted and it later gets damaged in combat

Buti still standnby my points

Overthinking things in fiction is great. It leads to interesting ideas and creativity.

That, and im a massive world war two nut :rainbowlaugh: already crystal war ified half my OCs

4902813 Are you serious mate? Wow, l never though to see the day...

What i only have like six OCs XD

And ill admit i cant twll if youre being sarcastic or not

If you look at the map in that timline, you can see the JAGGED CRYSTAL MOUNTAINS that represent Sombra's influence. I'm actually pretty sure that western Equestria has been cut off from the rest of the country...

4902820 I was being serious when I saw that comment. My expression was mostly this :applejackconfused: when I read that...

4902826 He also got the griffons.

The only thing (manpower wise) i can honestly see happening is that Sombra and his legion have taken to locally "recuiting" from the native equestrians in the land that they have taken over and....

It does seem to fit Sombra's M.O. since he's all about slavery. I'll bet that many equestrian ponies in villages and cities that were taken, were either used as slaves or mind-controlled to fight Equestria.

It's obvious the show writers were simplifying it, but it's not hard to imagine Sombra having his own enslaved pegasi air-force, earth-pony grunts or unicorn spell-casters to add to his crystal army.

And that is exactly how i plan on having my fic go

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18