The Cutie "Re-Marked"-verse 604 members · 175 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I hope it is alright I post this here seeing how it was deleted, with justification, from The Writer's Group threads.

In the wake of the Season 5 finale, I don't think I'm the only one fantasizing about the deluge of fanfictions that are to come from all the alternate timelines created for us writers to work with. I mean, there's the Sombra timeline, the Chrysalis timeline, Nightmare Moon timelines, and heck, even if Tirek, Discord and Flim and Flam's were only brief I'm sure a story could be spun out of them with the right amount of dedication and imagination.

For me, the Sombra and Chrysalis are some of the most rich in fanfiction. With Sombra's, think of all the war stories of canon and OC characters and how their lives have been affected/ruined by the grueling war they know they're losing; the oppression of the Crystal Ponies who are forced to fight a war and slaughter their fellow ponies, all aware of what they're doing as they do it; and not to mention stories about the Big S himself!

Now Chrysalis' timeline, now this is where it gets juicy. Remember, while Sombra is still trying to take over Equestria, in Chrysalis' world, she pretty much already has. Canterlot and the rest of Equestria could be compared to Nazi-occupied Paris and Europe, with possibly only Zecora's group the only resistance there is left. Like above, there are so many stories that could be written alone on the lives of ponies living under Chrysalis' brutal, fascist apartheid regime, be it those in Zecora's rebel alliance or the average pony suffer from daily systematic abuse and draining from their changeling oppressors, constantly looking over their shoulder for the changeling government's disguised spies who'll come for them or their loved ones in the dead of night if they say so much as a single word against the new regime. Or hell, since so many fans despise the Upper-Class ponies of Canterlot, you could describe it great detail those who've had everything they had stripped of them or those who've become collaborators to Chrysalis and betrayed their own kind to save their skins, along with other less patriotic ponies or those just trying to survive. And let's not forget all the changelings who've prospered and grown fat on love and their new privileged positions, taking delight in abusing and spitting on the ponies who are powerless to do anything to stop them.

Or perhaps a story explaining how Zecora emerged as leader of the resistance and her new Sonic-Robotnik rivalry with Chrysalis (considering this timeline is basically a pony version of Sonic SatAm).

Okay, so those are my lengthy ideas. Let's hear yours, folks, see what potential future stories we can cook up in our discussions.

4886788 If you don't mind, I think i'm gonna post my last reply here as well since that last thread locked discussion down.

I feel there is something bigger going on beyond Rainbow Dash's Rainboom, or the Time Scroll if the future just kept getting worse between trips and the one in power was always different.

I will agree that Sombra, Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon had the most development put to their universes.

There's so much questions with the universe's too! If Sombra only managed to conquer half or most of Equestria, and enslave them with technological mind control suits, then what regions did he take, who got captured, and how did he make those suits?

Now Chrysalis questions has already been covered in detail, but I think I have an answer to the fate of the conquered and it doesn't look pretty. She once found a civilization of kittens in the comics. (I understand it isn't 100% canon but i think it is still relevant.) and well...

Yeah...

Nightmare Moon's Universe was a bit more brief, and somehow she managed to quell any nearby rebellion and forced some of the mane six to work for her. Is there any rebellion at all? And one big thing that just happened, She almost used Starswirl's Scroll for herself What would happen if Twilight and Starlight suddenly had to deal with Nightmare Moon? And what was she even going to do with the time travel spell? Does she still have unfinished business even in her world?

The rest were a bit too brief to get anything as far as background info goes, but here are some thoughts.

If what Twilight said about each timeline getting worse through each Journey was true, Does this mean that Discord would actually handle Equestria worse than the Great Tirek!? This puts Discord's personality this past season including his temporary alliance with Tirek in a whole new light to me.

And Then there's Flim and Flam!?! We don't know for sure if they are actually responsible for this equestria's downfall, or is there some extra unknown force behind this. But if they are then MY GOD WHAT!?! What kind of skeletons are they hiding? There's got to be more than just sleazy salesman tactics behind them that would lead them to make a world worse than Tirek or Discord.

And finally...

Woooow. Did the everypony just destroy each other?! Is this Fallout Equestria!?! WHAT EVEN HAPPENED!?!? Is there another Villain behind this!? Will we see it in the Movie or Season 6?

And then there is the general questions of how these hops through time triggered this in the first place. Is rainbow's rainboom really that determinate, or is there some big side effect to StarSwirl's Scroll? How did Sombra or Ponyville supress Nightmare Moon, Discord and ETC.

I really love this episode.

My thinking on the Chrysalis timeline is that since Twilight wasn't there to be suspicious of her, Chrysalis was able to marry Shining Armor and secure a power base in Canterlot where she could stealthily feed and replace high ranking ponies. Meanwhile, various members of the hive infiltrate and replace ponies all over Equestria. By the time anypony suspects anything, the majority of Equestria has already been assimilated. The real ponies are harvested and replaced by Changeling dopplegangers.

Or, to put it more bluntly, the 1970s remake of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers.'

4886875 I wonder how she interacted all the other villains to maintain control?

4886965 Let's see...

-Discord presumably remains trapped in stone since he was never released and reformed.

-Sombra still returns with the Empire but is convinced to remain in his there and rule it as an ally (though Chrysalis has plans in motion to take over that as well.)

-Tirek remains powerless since he cannot harvest other pony's magic.

-Flim and Flam are replaced by drones.

4887111 What about Nightmare moon?

4887120 An early alliance to take down Celestia and then a betrayal in which she is replaced.

4886788 I think the Sombra one is by far the coolest (Mecha-Dash! Mind-Control-Suits! PIE SISTERS A-GO-GO!!), but the Flim Flam one is potentially the most interesting. Are they really that bad, or are they just all that's left? Did Celestia strike-up an alliance with one or more of Luna/NMM and Discord and Tirek and Chrysalis and Sombra, allowing her to be strong enough to battle the others to the point of mutual annihilation?!

But then they had to put my Rarity into the Nightmare one, so it's the automatic winner. :duck: Le sigh. :trollestia:

4886788 My explanation of the Wasteland Timeline:

Somepony split an atom.

4886788 This is probably off-topic, but I'm sharing this anyway. While they were never shown, I've been a bit curious about possible timelines with Sunset Shimmer, the Sirens and Midnight Sparkle. I've got two ideas so far concerning Sunset and Midnight.

The Sirens timeline I haven't quite figured out yet...

Sunset Timeline

With Sunset Shimmer, I have the idea that she is still somehow able to aquire a magical artifact from Equestria that still turns her into a She-Demon. She turns all the students and faculty into demons and uses them to attack Equestria. And being as powerful as she is in the Human World, her power increases once she enters the Pony World, making her more than a match for the princesses. A struggle for dominance ensues, with Sunset using her corrupted magic to turn Equestria's ponies into demons as well and using them against Celestia's forces.

It's pretty similiar to Sombra's timeline in a way. Another alternative is having Sunset conquering the Human World and staging a mass demon invasion with the use of portals.

Midnight Sparkle Timeline

With Midnight Sparkle I envision that, instead of the Human World being simply destroyed, the fabric of reality is weakened, causing it to collide with the Pony World and merge both worlds into one realm with catastrophic results. Human and Pony society is permanently merged, along with it's animal and plantlife. Some humans and ponies escape the merger unchanged, aside from replacing their counterparts (i.e. after the merger, there is human Rainbow Dash and pony Pinkie Pie, but no pony Rainbow Dash or human Pinkie Pie).
A vast majority of ponies and humans wind up being only halfway merged. Like a human Lyra Heartstrings with hooves for hands or pony Sunset Shimmer with a pony's head while the rest is human.

Midnight Sparkle herself merges with pony Twilight to become a new version of Tirek, ruling the 'Merged Equestria' with an iron fist, while the ponies and humans try to survive in a world they barely reckognize.

What do you think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10