A Place Where You Can Have Opinions 56 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

The more I think of it, evolution did happen. In fact, the ancients knew about evolution. In every Pagan creation myth, we come forth from Nature-though there are many metaphors for this. Nature is the source.

6111325 Did you do a 180 turn or is this just a phase you're in?

Also, doesn't evolution kind of go against your religion?

There is one thing right about creation, though. We were all created to be God's children in His own image, each and every human being. Every human of race, religion, and such... we are all children of God.

6112021 So, you're saying there is no evolution since all kinds of animals were created as they are?

*sigh* No. Did I say that directly? No. Of course animals and humans were born as a species, but as humans we live to be in God's image. What I mean by...

We were all created to be God's children in His own image, each and every human being. Every human of race, religion, and such... we are all children of God.

...is that regardless of race, religion, and such, we are all human beings with brown skin and that diversity makes us stronger, not weaker.

Of course animals and humans were born as a species

Born? Don't you believe they were created, not borned?

Don't treat me like an idiot.

6113196 I'm just asking questions? Why are you getting so defensive?

Did Adam have a belly button?

Sorry. I thought that was a trick question. Anyways, I think the idea of "God created us in his own image" isn't meant to be taken literally. It's just what Christians believe in the hopes that one day, all humans can live together in peace.

Maybe Adam did have a belly button because he was human, but that has nothing to do with teachings of Christianity.

6114326 We have belly buttons because we were attached with it to our mother's womb. But Adam did not have a mother. So, for what purpose did he have a belly button? It makes no sense for him to have one. Same with eve. Their children would have belly buttons, but not the created ones. Or do you disagree?

Not unless Adam was actually born from some ape hybrid or something, but like I said, I don't think that was necessarily important in the teachings of Christianity. Also, it's pretty sad that I get a negative vote for saying that we should hope for all humans to live together peacefully.

6114898 You still haven't given me the final answer. Do you believe that Adam had a belly button?

Do I have to answer yes or no? It really doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with the stories of the Bible.

6115703 Why are you so reluctant to discuss your religious views? If you ask me anything about my views, I'll be more than happy to explain to you why I believe what I believe. But when I ask you, you shut yourself into a cacoon. What are you afraid of? Don't you wish to discover the truth, whatever that may be?

Why are you so reluctant to discuss your religious views?

I'm not, but I keep telling you. Whether Adam had a belly button or not has nothing to do with it, so just drop it, leave it alone, and move on. You wanna know who shuts himself in a cocoon? He whom I asked has legal permission to publish The Lost Element only to tell me to ask about Past Sins and Fallout: Equestria first and then blocks me on deviantART. THAT defines shutting himself in a cocoon AND guilty as charged because he has something to hide. But this isn't the place for that.

6116436 I think the presence of a belly button is an important subject. It opens doors to further investigation of human development. I really don't understand how you can dismiss something like that.

As for the other thing, with some people, you'll have a good experience and with some, you will have a bad experience. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't even matter.

It just has nothing to do with the Holy Bible, I think. I know evolution was a thing and I'm glad what you think about belly buttons is important you, because to each their own, but to be honest, I don't understand the whole gist of it just yet.

Maybe it doesn't matter, but he as good as threatened me on deviantART, so if Hasbro orders a C&D against The Lost Element, he could blame me for ratting him out when the real reason The Lost Element would go down would be because he didn't get legal rights. Normally, this wouldn't concern me, but it does because the author has pretty much threatened me and will likely refuse to believe that I'm not getting involved.

6116518 It has everything to do with the Bible. If Adam didn't have a belly button, you can be sure that evolution didn't happen. And if he did have a belly button, you can be sure he was not created but was born (had a mother). Things like this are the signals that lead you to the truth. How can you dismiss them so easily? Don't you care at all what the actual truth is?

As for the people that have a negative effect on you, the easiest thing to do is to just cut them out of your circle. Your life doesn't have to be bound on that person's life.

It's not talked about in the Bible! I checked! Could you just drop this PLEASE?

And don't you think I tried that? I want those people to cut me out of their lives too, but they won't.

6117443 Even if it's not Bible related (and I think it is) why are you so defensive about it? All I want to do is talk to you. Why are you shutting me out with such a force?

As for the pesky people, just put them on ignore and go on with your life.

Then talk to me about something else because I'm getting tired of this Adam belly button nonsense.

6118022 It's not nonsense. It is paramount to understanding Adam's origin. But okay. I'll stop. You probably wouldn't want to talk about any other subjects I could bring up. I'll just stop with you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23