Brain burning idea group 27 members · 83 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I'll be here to start an Opinion thread. If you got one for me, or want to give one to me, drop a message here for all to see. I'm sure I'll come around to reading it between the sleep deprived hours of my day.

Day to day suffering aside, I've had so many ideas that I just don't have the motivation to pull off. I've read over my work for these ideas and I'm just not happy with how they turn out, so let's see how well received the ideas are in the first place.

Idea One: Skyquestria

Plot: Sure, the title's just one bad pun to tell the readers it's a Skyrim-MLP combo, but it was my first big attempt at writing. Designed to be in the show's universe, it's never confirmed if it's in Equestria in another time, or a completely different continent. Either way, the story follows the quest line of the war between the Imperials and the "Stormhooves," drawing the three main characters ever closer together, forcing them to work to end the civil strife.

Story tags: Adventure

Character tags: OC, other

Other notes: Pony Pun of the Day- "Aldpony Dominion"

Idea Two: Two Hundred Days (kind of)

Plot: After a massive Changeling invasion, the survivors struggle their way through Equestria, noting the different impact from city to city as they migrate from the ruins of Ponyville, to the conquered Canterlot, south to refugee camp Dodge Junction, and into the last bastion of Equestria, Manehattan.

Story tags: adventure, dark, comedy

Character tags: OC, other

Other notes: Again, I was, and still am, in a phase of writing stories that can fit into the show's canon. This idea, unique to many of my shorter stories, only has a shared history to the show's canon, as of season 4 early season 5. Written as if it was the shared journal of apocalypse survivors, "Two Hundred Days" was supposed to be my biggest work. It quickly turned into a template for a complete world that I had created. The journal style, in my opinion, could have worked, however it was a style I was new at and has countless flaws in its story telling. The ideas however, may be worth salvaging to create new stories, told in classic first or third person narration, about the struggles of survivors all over the wasteland of Equestria.

colt alchemist
Group Admin

4830147 Please follow the set up thread accordingly. Thanks. Other than that, both ideas sound promising.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2