Vinyl Scratch 1,694 members · 705 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I am in need of other fans opinions on Vinyl Scratch or DJ-Pon-3's personality.

I personally view her as being a tomboy who loves staying up all night to mix music. I view her as being very casual and easy to talk to, normally being the one to say hello first and I think of her not having a large IQ like Octavia.

So tell me how you think Vinyl Scratch's personality is.

-Rezz

I think of her a little something like this http://goo.gl/WuKiI

I don't really connect her much with Octavia, though. But there are a few exceptions...

you pretty much summed up how i view her...not sure how i can offer anymore assistance:applejackconfused:

1080063 I would say that's just about right. She has just enough of a IQ to get by. So yeah you nailed it.

Runcible Spoon
Group Admin

I see her as cocky and self-assured.
She's good at what she does and she knows it, and she isn't afraid to let everypony else in the room know she knows it.
She has a loud mouth that gets her in trouble more often than not, which is why she has Octavia as her equalizer.
A balancing force to keep her from going too far.
She's smart, but doesn't apply her self fully into anything but her music.
That's not to say she's lazy.
In fact, she keeps herself pretty fit.
Got to, with all those late nights.
Most importantly, if a friend needs her, day or night, she'll be there when it counts.
So long as she isn't too busy.
Hey, a DJs schedule can get pretty hectic, amirite?
Not to mention that she isn't the best at prioritizing...
I'm going to stop here...

1080126 That's like how I had imagined her to be too! :rainbowlaugh:

I don't think my version of her is like most others.

For one thing, the series of stories I'm currently writing about her was started during Season One, when I thought she was blind, and I'm pretty stubbornly sticking with that, despite evidence to the contrary in the show.

In my mind, DJ Pon-3 is an enthusiastic performer, with a larger-than-life personality and an over-sized ego. She can feel the collective vibe of her audience like a sixth sense (or a fifth, in her case), and uses it to produce exactly the song the moment requires. She was one of the first DJs in all Equestria, and the rank and file of her peers reluctantly (and only amongst themselves) acknowledge her as their superior in the art of mixing and constructing the perfect set. Being blind, she lives her life to a constant mental soundtrack that seems closer to her than any friend.

But that's just her stage persona. Away from the dance floor she's Vinyl Scratch, a quiet and cautious pony who knows her way around the prickly personalities of the nobleponies who she's forced to work for, as they tend to be the only ones who can afford her services. Being the first of her kind means that she had to build all her own equipment from scratch, and it's a little-known fact that there are few ponies indeed who understand acoustics as well as she does.

Vinyl keeps her secrets well. The fact of her blindness has only just recently become common knowledge, for example--so well did she learn how to fake being able to see. She has other, even more interesting secrets reaching back to her fillyhood, but I haven't gotten around to revealing them yet.

if you assume that vinyle dyes her hair she would actually show all the syptoms of albinism
white fur, red eyes, and is photosensitive(hence the sunglasses)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10