Alternia-tive Universe 207 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

You know. I think this world Sunset is getting screwed. By not going to the Earthquestria she will not have the chance to become an alicorn. Face it after EG3's ending her being one is now a real posibility

Yeah but she is the movie protagonist. Unless she gives that up to let human Twilight take over by heading back. But while there are things that spill over from the series to the movies there is nothing in the series that ever references the movies. They are keeping it separate for a reason and I really hope the continue to keep it separate. 2 different stories with their own separate canon. I know I was one of them but many people were ticked off when they did EG1 and the lessons went from that of friendship to popularity contests are now important. Not to mention the gaping plot holes you could fly a space station through. (Twilight could have just let Principle Celestia know the crown was hers and walked right back through the portal with it less than an hour later.)

vren55
Group Admin

4775583 4776284
Well I'd say its possible she's missing out on being an alicorn, but in a way, it's definitely less painful for Bacon Hair b/c she doesn't have to go through the evil phase.

4776284 Flash's appearance in show confirmed that they are connected. Remember there is a human Sunset out there so when she is found she would join the mane 7 with H Twilight taking the lead and Sunset returning home.

4776772 less painful now, but perhaps more painful for Equestria later.

One of the other stories i read 1000 Year Change explored an interesting idea. What if Luna has supporters 1000 years ago. In it These ponies by supporting her prevented Nightmare Moon. Though she ends up fleeing to the moon with her supporters because of attacks on them by fellow Equestrians and she forms a new country. 1000 years later attempts to reunite the countries fail in the worse way and bring war. So In this reality Luna is personally better for not being Nightmare Moon but ponies as a whole were harmed and the sisters never learn the valuable lesson with it. Same senario here is possible.

4776791 When did Flash show up in the series? Even if he did when has any event in the movie ever been mentioned in the series?

4776806 Three's a Crowd he was one of the guards. And note where the movie's timeline takes place. EG1 was between season 3 and 4. EG2 4 and 5 and Eg3 5 and 6. the movies and the show are connected.

4776815 Ok so he was in there doing his job. I have noticed a distinct lack of any actual mention of anything that happened in EG being in the series though. I will check that episode though.

4776815 Ok checked the episode. I do have this to say. It could be him but the Cutie mark is covered and still could be just some other orange pegasus. Notice that Twilight absolutely NO reaction to him at all. This could just have easily been just a random grab of a background pony by the animators that happened to be orange and a pegasus.

4777029 you missed his look at Twilight though.

4775583 Sorry I've not yet seen EQ3, so how is Sunset an alicorn?

4777029 BUT he wore the very same armor that pony Flash did. It's him. get over it they are connected.

4777677 Well at the climax she kinda does something similar to Pony Twilight in MMC having the elements used on her. If you have seen pictures called Daydream Shimmer that's what she transforms into. So there is a possibility of her being an alicorn if she returned to Equestria.

4777692 ah I see now, but I still dont get it all she seems to have is wings made out of magic and the horn. But besides that there really isnt anything to help the Sunset is an alicorn now case, if anything this Midnight Sparkle chick looks more like an alicorn the Sunset.

4777723 It's how she gets that form. unless you want me to spoil i can't say more.

And Midnight Sparkle is basically Twilight's Demon Shimmer form.

4777985 Yes please tell me how she got the daydream shimmer form.

4778009 Okay. Human Twilight goes to Crystal Prep and detected the magic emissions. She breifly scanned the portal and from that and previous readings she made a pendant that can detect and contain the energy (magic). She ends up in Canterlot high blackmailed to join in the games between the two schools. Games Crystal Prep has always won and the Principle of CP is concerned about the change in CHS. When she is their the Human 6 are ponying up outside of music. They don't know why but it is tied to the girls elemment. Rarity does something generous and she pony ups. Twilight's pendant collects the magic and as it progresses the pendant acts on it's own to collect the magic till she has them all plus the portal's magic. At the climax Twilight is pressured to unleash the magic to ensure victory and she becomes Midnight Sparkle and starts opening holes in the world that lead to Equestria and is determined to go there to study magic.

Sunset tries to talk her down but fails and when the girls magic reappears they give it to Susnet via the pedants to collect it and then smashes the pendant and turns into Daydream. She repairs the holes and after a very short duel she convinces Midnight to stop and they depower.

The fact she got wings and horn from that and that fact it's similar to the elements hitting Twilight during MMC gives a strong suggestion that she might now be an alicorn if she returned.

4778050 Okay something alot of people seem to forget is the place that Twilight and Cadance went to get there wings from Celestia it's safe to assume that this place is needed to becoming an alicorn and since the human 6 are gonna pony up again in the next EQG movie we can see if Sunset has wings in her ponied up form and I mean real wings not fake magic wings if she does have real wings she's an alicorn if she dosent have real wings she isnt an alicorn.

4778072 well human world does have major differences so the ethral place may not be needed. Heck that could be a construct of Celestia's.

But also it's just the theory. If she isn't I won't cry foul but will say missed opprotunity. And no doubt a few will be making Sunsset an alicorn because of EG3

4778122 I know that it's just a theory but it's a stupid theory with little to no evidence.

4778124 well again theory. but we don't fully know what can cause an assencion.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4778203 So far we've seen is full realization of ones's cutie mark (reason given for Cadence's ascension) and finishing a spell left by some old bastard then getting blasted by the elements of harmony.

4778072 Neither got their wings from Celestia, the transformation was caused by them. Twilight's ascension we actually saw and the magic that transformed her literally came from her heart.

4778072 well we never seen Cadance ascend or her even describe her event. Also being human world different rules.

But yup the next pony up will prove the theory right or wrong. But EG3 did strengthen the alicorn Susnet people

My brother and I agree that it would be totally cool if Sunset were to come into the cartoon. She's flat out my favorite character, and I feel there could be some really interesting episodes with her. Especially since Twilight went god mode and it would be another good guy powerful unicorn that could go on adventures and have struggles.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24