Alternia-tive Universe 207 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29
Zervziel
Group Admin

A place to put your guesses/theories on what's going on in story. Everything from Chrysalis having a Flufflepuff sweatshop to Alternia's secret cake locations to current status of villains/protagonists.

I'm fairly certain Alternia has at least one cake stash under her bed and I think it's likely that there's another in the privy. As to the sweatshop I don't think it's true, she has a shearing club.

Pretty certain that the leader of Equestria First isn't actually dead from that tsunami.

Seems likely. What do you want to bet he's with whoever won that shindig under the sea?

Zervziel
Group Admin

4762344 Just curious, but why do you think he's behind anything?

4762336 You say that like it's easy to survive a tsunami. The indian ocean tsunami was about 10 meters tall. The one that hit Venecia was at least 40. Why do you think he's alive?

Magically caused wave hits city and a certain someone gets a special mention. Either it's a way of tying up a loose end or because I'm pessimistic he has been captured and is now spilling his guts to the upcoming enemies of Equestria on their military strength and political climate which of course I'm going to assume will be biased in some manner.

4762715 Because the tsunami wasn't natural. Also, classic story trope, make audience think bad guy is dead, have bad guy turn up later to surprise audience.

Why do you think he's alive?

Like Cander said, it's the classic trope of Never Found the Body. If a named character is mentioned dead and his/her body was never found, odds are he/she are still alive. Law of Conservation of Details dictates that to be true.

Why else mention that he's dead and specifically that they never found his body?

(Vren55's mucking with our heads right? D:)

My own wacky theory on Alternia's love life:
Alternia takes a third option and takes a consort that is the author avatar of vren55 because I ship vren55 and Alternia and because why the hell not? :V

(Gotta get the wacky theories out first :rainbowwild:)

Zervziel
Group Admin

4762725 I guess a better question is why does the wave being magical have to do with him escaping?

4771621 Because it means the wave might have been controlled in a fashion to not harm him even though it wiped out the building he was in.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4771654 Why though?

We don't know whether the wave was just a byproduct of the fight or targeted destruction. Since we have neither to run with and Equestria First's leader merited a special mention where he didn't need to be we're erring on the side of caution. And pretty much we've seen this kind of thing in a lot of stories. Sometimes even if they have found the body that doesn't prevent ponies from coming back. Also the bugger is a unicorn with military training so I imagine there is some sort of trick that would allow him to survive. Maybe not in good shape, but survive nonetheless.

vren55
Group Admin

4762282 4762336 Is Golden Star dead eh?

Chapter 4 might... answer that question...

Zervziel
Group Admin

4775359 In what? three days time?

vren55
Group Admin

4775647 ... You do realize we just updated right lol?

Zervziel
Group Admin

4775757 Nope. Thought you meant exactly two weeks which would have been Thursday

4771657 I already answered that. Classic story trope.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4776266 Magic-enduced tsunami's are hardly a classic story trope and there was no reason to assume that the tsunami had anything to do with Golsen Star in the first place?

4776417 You missed the trope I was referring to. I was referring to "Make audience think enemy is dead, convince audience of death with found dead body the has some way to be identified as the enemy, being enemy back when audience least expects it. Only replace dead enemy if author plans a more powerful/compelling enemy."

Teeth could be pulled and placed in a corpse. Wallet can be planted. When you include magic then the possibilities for faking your death become endless.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4776459 Or a 40 meter wave could be just as deadly as it sounds. That's the problem with trying to predict via tropes, it sometimes ignores simple logic. Plus there was no reason to assume the wave would somehow magically help him when there's no reason for it too. His name was mentioned because it was mentioned in the original story to be where he was shipped off to.

I don't remember that. I went back for a peek at the last two chapters. Last mention of him I think is his interrogation by Hanna Belle and Caesar. Maybe it was mentioned before then?

Theory: the Gryphons are appliedspooked from a hens tale and are trying to curtail a perceived disaster greater than the tsunami.

4776851 If that is the case then cool. I really won't be surprised at all though if he does show back up at some point.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4776933 The griffons are what?

Zervziel
Group Admin

4776914 Actually it was immediately after.

4782669 i blame Google Chrome messing with my keyboard and me not catching it.
(I'm on the beta version and occasionally they release a version that wreaks havoc on the autocorrect functions of my keyboard)

4761390 I think there's some magical artifact in the ocean that the Griffons are looking for, but the ship with the fish found it first and it was taken from them by another party, so when they reveal it the griffons and Equestrian will team up to defeat the third party.

Just a hunch!

I has a pretty big hunch that no Changeling Oc's by other people aren't going to be in this story :trollestia: .
*Gets a lot of angry glares* What? I can say it! :unsuresweetie:

Also, CHIMI-CHERRY-CHONGA!!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29