FiMTheory 164 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

In the episode where Fluttershy turn into Flutterbat it was cause by a magic mind alteration when she use the star on the vampire fruit bat. So her mind has been altered but why did she changed her appearance when she became flutterbat? And the fact she has fangs at the end would it be any chance that she can turn into flutterbat if she want to now.

That's an intro, now where's the theory?

4702606 Well, she did reappear in the comics. And not only that, but all of the mane 6 turned into Vampire Ponies, too!

4702832 Please don't bring that part of the comics up. Personally, I hated it. One of the worst stories of the comics.

4702606 My headcanon is that Fluttershy is half bat-pony and so while the mental shift was a result of the magic that Twilight cast, the physical shift was her body reacting to the change and shifting to her other half.

My headcanon is that Fluttershy is half bat-pony and so while the mental shift was a result of the magic that Twilight cast, the physical shift was her body reacting to the change and shifting to her other half.

Taking that further, all pegasi have recessive batpony genes. This makes batponies not a separate tribe/ sub-tribe from pegasi, but merely a genetic minority.

However, emergence of the phenotype isn't random like in Earth genetics. Rather, you must have the appropriate personality for "battyness" to appear... which ofc includes preferring Luna and the night.

A mid-life crisis or change-of-faith is not enough to change you from pegasus to batpony when you're already an adult; your mental self-image is already set. However, Fluttershy was transformed due to magic.

Rather, you must have the appropriate personality for "battyness" to appear... which ofc includes preferring Luna and the night

I can already see a comedy fic with a batpony having a crisis of identity, going around and saying that he/she prefers Celestia over Luna, and loves the sunlight.

He/She would go to many psychologists, trying to find out what's making this happen.

A pony stuck in a body she doesn't feel connected to?
Sounds more like a drama fic with LGBT undertones.
Not that that's bad, but the writer better tread carefully.

4703771 "What's the matter with me?"

"Well, I'm not sure how to put this, but...it seems that you are a pegasus trapped in a batpony's body"

Ok reason why I'm not going write down on my theory in is because see other people opinion on why first.

The comics are considered cannon by your choice.

Her being half bat-ponie hmmm I really can't say for sure if that true since we still don't know who her parents is yet.

Ok it theory times and here it is. It rather strange to me that her mind have been altered but her appearance as well. Which has me thinking that she has a hidden abilities that she didn't she to change form. The only race that could change form are the changelings so what if she is actually part changelings and she don't know it yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9