FiMTheory 164 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Kirito-Persona
Group Admin

After mulling over which theory to post first in our little group, I've finally decided to post my longtime belief that Fanfiction is 100% Canon! How do we know this? Simple, the MLP comics, specifically IDW Issues 17-20, the 'Reflections' storyline in which a PARALLEL version of Equestria is center stage. You read right folks, all Fanfiction is canon through the power of the MULTIVERSE!

Going into a bit more detail, the multiverse theory stands that there is a parallel dimension out there that exists for every possible outcome or scenario in existence. As it was with the comics, the parallel Equestria stands as a version of the show's reality where fate took a different turn... So what does this mean for all our little stories?

Basically, I theorize that every single fanfic ever created is simply a PARALLEL version of the show, spawned as soon as we write it! Every 'what if' we put to pen, spawns another dimension of reality, another what if scenario for the entire show! Basically, every crack fic, dark fic, meta fic, clop fic, AU, IT'S ALL CANON THANKS TO THE MULTIVERSE THEORY!!! WE'VE BEEN SPONTANEOUSLY CREATING PARALLEL UNIVERSES WHENEVER WE PUT WORDS TO PAPER!!!.

But hey, that's just a theory, a FIMTheory! I hope senpai notices me. And yes, yes that was a parody of Game Theory, sorry if it was cheap.

Yay! That means I can finally become a superhero!

Don't worry, Other Tiaras, I'm gonna save you!

4646407 That would be chaotic.

4646407 wow! So if we make a oc it is alive in another demention!? My gosh. This would be amazing but I feel like it's too big of a theory now, if you get more into it, studing that show, comics, and stuff like that, so we can see if we should get more people into this theory or if it should just be left alone for now. But great job!(I cant see the spoiler cause I'm on ipad but I'm going on my computer in alittle)

hailspider
Group Admin

4646407 The comics aren't necessarily canon to the main series (there are a few continuity errors if you try to combine the two)*. However, this theory still stands; Reflections merely expands on an idea from Equestria Girls, after all.

*Then again, even Equestria Girls runs into some odd problems when looked at particularly analytically.

Kirito-Persona
Group Admin

EXACTLY! The comic ITSELF is a parallel universe from the show!

4646407 let me get this stright would that also includes older gens show of mlp. Let imagine gen4 facing generation 1 villian.

Kirito-Persona
Group Admin

It would. It also means ALL fanfiction across ALL fandoms is 100% CANON!...Oh God, that means my Immortal....

4646407 This actually ties in with my own theory, not just about MLP, but about the nature of the hypothetical Multiverse. Bear in mind, this is rather convoluted and highly hypothetical.

I call it, the "Creator's Theory."

Basically, if the Multiverse Theory states that any possible event exists, then this Creator's Theory states that anything created exists. Here's the idea. Our earth vibrates at a certain frequency unique to its own, and all the other earth's in the Multiverse vibrate at their own frequency. However, the idea is that fictional worlds also exist, and are created by us tapping subconsciously into the specific vibration frequency of a "fictional" world. In essence, we create fiction in our universe and we create reality in another universe. Thus, we become Creators of other universes, by complete chance.

Any medium that we devise and create, is linked to another frequency from another universe. What we perceive as fictional here, is reality there, and neither us nor they would know the truth. There is a barrier, essentially, between these universes, that cannot be easily broken.

Continuing on with this, it stands to reason that these fictional universes could also have their own "Creator's Theory." So long as the concept of fiction exists in their universe, they could create other universes that were fictional in their own. Thus, creating an expansive web of universes.

If we take into account that EQG is essentially a reflection of regular Equestria, but with humans instead of ponies, then we stumble into more convoluted ideas. I think that EQG is an alternate universe that vibrates at such a close frequency to the frequency of Equestria, that the ponies were able to cross the universal barriers with the usage of the mirror. This would create an trans-universal teleporter. The same technology, therefore, could be used to cross into the mirror Equestria, mentioned in the IDW comics.

However, both EQG and ME are parallel universes, not, in my theory, "Creator's Theory" universes. "Creator's Theory" relates to universes born in one universe and made in another that exists as fantasy in the former. The crossing becomes harder, as you have to cross reality warping forces and barriers created. (This would also, therefore, somewhat explain various characters' abilities to break the 4th wall; they have the unique ability to access and move beyond these barriers.)

To wrap it all up, Multiverse Theory is the first step in a larger Multiverse. Creator's Theory ties in every potential fictional universe, making them reality. Anything that we or another universe creates as fiction, will exist as reality at some other frequency.

I hope that makes some sense; it's all completely theoretical, to be honest.

Or it could be the other way around. Instead of us creating universes, we pick up on those "frequencies" and subconsciously use them in our stories.

4646407 You just blew my mind. So basically all authors on this site are like gods, creating and infinite amount of universes.

Kirito-Persona
Group Admin

That's essentialy what an author does, we create universes, tell stories...I wouldn't say we're Gods, but we in essence, are creators, tellers of tales...

4646407 since we talking talking about multiple universes i there bother stoping pinkie pie making best party in another world.

Even the ones where Celestia and Luna aren't Natural Alicorns,
The one where ever since the Season 3 Finale Twilight Sparkle is dead
All my AUs and OCs,
The one where Star Swirl the bearded is secretly evil,
All the ships (RariJack, Sunburst, FlutterDash, Twicord, CelestiaCord, FlutterCord, MoonSparkle/TwilightDancer, TriLight Glimmer, FlashLight, AppleDash AppleCord, ApplePie, AppleLight, RainbowPie, RariPie, Sparity, FlutterSpike, SweetieBloom, Derpy Whooves, Minuette/Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Glimmer/ Starlight Shimmer, Sunset/Flash or Sunset Sentry, and many MANY more),
And the one where you can break the fourth wall,
And anon,
And all those Mature stories (you know, for kids!),
And what people Tweet and Comment on and about everywhere?

If so then this statement must be true,
Aliens have kidnapped President Donald Trump demanding that former previous President Barack Obama be turned into a cow, this of course makes no sense, but in other news the sky is literally raining cats and dogs, the world is ending, Earth really is flat and NASA had been lying to you and also talking animated ponies are now real and here with us and zombies are attacking cities and my boss is now Queen Elizabeth and my while entire crew is now the Cast of Every Star Trek Movie and TV Show ever and Discord is officially free.

Wait, so what you're saying is that in the pony world there's a pony, probably Lyra, who writes about humans, and then she would also have to write about me, and also all the other people too, but also about the fanfictions in our world too.

And other ponies too since no single pony can write every fiction out there.

So what you're basically saying is that the reality we're in now is a fantasy to them as they are to us and that we don't ever fall into the mirror because our timeline are matching up.

Mind blown.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15