Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
HapHazred
Group Admin

New prompt for this week, and it's a prompt near and dear to the show itself.

Friend

I mean, if there's two things the show could be said to be about, absolutely and utterly, it's ponies, and friendship. So anything you have to do with buddies, pals, friendos and mates, post below.

This is perfect for the story I've been writing! I don't wanna spoil it but it does have a lot to do with friendship. Especially where Spitfire and Soarin are involved. :twilightsmile: I will be posting a link to the completed story soon! :pinkiehappy:

Hmm. My current piece is more about sisters and worldbuilding than friendship... but I have had a friend-related story in mind for a while. Could get started on that.,.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4642008 Can't wait for both.

What was the time on this one? 48h remaining or just 24?

Story almost finished, just need to get it edited and submitted to the site. So if you can just hang in there I will have it up soon. I live in AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) so if you can allow me until midnight which is ten hours from now, I would really appreciate it. :twilightsmile:

- A

HapHazred
Group Admin

"All right, just a couple more questions regarding your relationship with Miss Fluttershy," the clerk continued. Rarity rolled her eyes.

"All right, let's get this over with."

"How long have you known Fluttershy?"

"I should think nearly two years now."

"And what is your relationship with her?"

Rarity shrugged. "We're friends."

The clerk raised her eyebrow. "Just friends?"

"Yes."

"Not colleagues?"

"No, we don't work together."

"You never—"

"I assure you, we're just friends."

The clerk frowned. "This is most peculiar."

"How so?"

"I simply rarely get that answer. How did you two meet?"

"Oh, you know. Here and there."

"She didn't do you a favour, or vice versa?"

"No, we just said hello one day."

"You don't have friends in common?"

"Not at the time when we met, no."

The clerk rubbed his nose unhappily. "I... see. So, how did you become friends, then?"

"Well, I don't know," Rarity retorted, waving her hoof in a dismissive manner. "It just sort of happened, really. Like wearing hats backwards: it wasn't supposed to happen, but ponies do it anyway."

"Things do not happen," the clerk replied. "There must be a reason. Evidence. Paperwork," she said, salivating on the last word she spoke.

"There was no reason, I assure you."

The clerk peered at Rarity over her half-moon spectacles. "How do you function?"

"With a cup of coffee and a nonplussed attitude."

"Well, I suppose I have no choice," the clerk said, and scribbled on her documents. "That's it. Fluttershy is now officially your assistant for the coming event."

Rarity smiled, utterly failing to make it look convinving. She swiped the papers from the desk and trotted outside.

Fluttershy was practically plastered against the wall, but lit up as soon as Rarity came into view.

"Sorry that took so long," Rarity said. "Their security checks are getting stranger and stranger."

Inside the building, a clerk wondered why she didn't have many friends.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Per decree of my imperial tribunal of edgyness, this prompt is now considered terminated, and I thereby invite all of you to come look at the next one, here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8