Who to Ship 7 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

The basis of this post is curiosity. I was happy to find we have a new member in our midst and thought I'd check out her user page. turns out, Miranda, likes a lot of shippings that some might call impossible or silly.
But not I.

Romance and shipping stories come in all forms and in all different levels of cuteness. The three types I immediately pick out are these, each one a kind of classic:

1. Girl boy.
They like each other.
Get together.
Fairly straight forward.
They all lived happily ever after.

2. Love triangle.
Person likes someone who likes someone else.
They eventually get together after a couple of events.
Still proves for a cute story.
Can get repetitive and REALLY annoying for the reader.
Something like, "JUST KISS HIM ALREADY!!"
Rage out on the desk and PC.

3. Tough love.

This third and final one is the subject I found most intriguing in ships. When you have someone who likes a person who out-right detestes them. After a long struggle, they begin to realize what the other person means to them. They begin to see the other person in a new light and all works out.

Dispite being at first 'hopeless', I find these ships often really cute.
Though my heart will forever be with Applespike, I really like these shippings as well.
P.S. Tad bit wary of Flimjack, mainly because I love Applespike, but I like it. I can enjoy a well written story about it.

Welcome to the group Miranda!
Hope you have fun in this group. :pinkiesmile:

Marshall out.

4689684 Huh. Well, I didn't see this forum because I already follow so many groups. I had no idea it was directly addressed to me. :rainbowwild: it is true that I am fond of ships that cause the characters lots of turmoil, from villian x hero sexual tension to intense love trianges. :raritywink:

Not exactly sure if you're referring to my Soarin x Spitfire story (titled "Tough Love") when you mentioned that third one, but if so, allow me to explain. That story was poorly executed, but Spitfire never outright detested Soarin. In fact, I write them as childhood friends. However, Spitfire had a very difficult childhood and is essentially broken and going through a lot of pain on the inside that causes her to say/think harmful things. The Equestria Games are when she is bombarded with his existential issues the most, so during that time, she was angry with Soarin. It is my fault for making it seem like she outright detested him though :derpytongue2:

Not exactly sure if you're referring to my Soarin x Spitfire story (titled "Tough Love")

That is either an outstanding coincidence, or one awesome conspirarcy! I didn't even know about that story...:twilightblush:
But I'll look into it!

but Spitfire never outright detested Soarin. In fact, I write them as childhood friends. However, Spitfire had a very difficult childhood and is essentially broken and going through a lot of pain on the inside that causes her to say/think harmful things. The Equestria Games are when she is bombarded with his existential issues the most, so during that time, she was angry with Soarin.

I think these stories work best when there is emotional turmoil.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3