The Nexus 38 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I know I posted a thread in the group just yesterday, but I just want to get this out there.

I've written on this site for a long time (3 years). During that time, I've always done my fics by myself. Sometimes this has been good, and in other cases, not so good. I think with the fics I write that involve stupid humor, I'm good, but with my future attempts at more serious works, I think I'm going to need a bit of help.

What I like to do before I write something of a more serious nature - or any nature for that matter - I like to brainstorm. My method of brainstorm not only involves coming up with stuff by myself, but running those ideas by others to see what they think. If they like it, I keep it; if they don't, I try to adjust it. However, since my return, I have found that my previous idea-bouncing people no longer here. This is where my main point comes in.

I'm not sure who here is up for this, but I'd like to get to know a few people and brainstorm, develop, and further craft some ideas I've had over the past while. Along with this, perhaps I could get to know an editor or two I can rely on for advice and such for what I could improve in the writing process.

Whether the aforementioned plan goes well or not, I'd like to find someone in the group I can write a collaboration fic with. I've never written something with someone else before, and I'd like to give it a try.

Thank you.

-DWB

I'm more than happy to have ideas bounced off me! I've been known among my friends for taking the starts of ideas and twisting them in to unrecognisable monstrosities...

I do work on Australian time, however, which can make ease of communication difficult on weekdays for those on the other side of the world.

But I'm not going to offer myself for collaboration, since my writing speed would probably kill your enthusiasm for anything you wanted to share with me on that front... >_>

Comment posted by SapphireSparks deleted Aug 13th, 2015

Eh, I'm a bit of a slow writer, myself, so that works out just fine. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4