AppleCord Shippers Unite! 29 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
PegaSista101
Group Admin

Hey! Thanks for joining this group! Spread the word about it!

Anyway, this is a typical 'introduce yourself' thread. Just tell me three things about yourself (they don't have to be too personal) and, if you want, explain whether you like AppleCord as a genuine ship or a crackship and why.

For example: Hi there, I'm PegaSista101. I like to be artistic, I have a pet kitten, and I honestly enjoy school (but I'm also happy when summer vacation finally comes around). I like the AppleCord ship as a genuine ship because it's different than most ships. It's the 'opposites attract' rule, but kinda taken up to eleven. Applejack's the run-of-the-mill (I mean she's got distinctive traits but she's not unusual), humble, no-nonsense type of mare. Discord, on the other hand, is unique, enjoys acting out and is as crazy as you can imagine. So they seem like they would be an interesting couple that would get off to a rocky start but still pull through. Also, I don't like any other Mane Six x Discord ship a lot (I like FlutterCord and PinkieCord in the platonic sense though) and I do not like CelestiCord. At all.

Okay, now it's your turn!

Hello, this is Evowizard25 here. I'm an avid writer, been so for many years and plan on writing some published novels someday, as well as being interested in paleontology and I'm studying to be an English teacher. Like 4465005 I think Applecord would make a very genuine couple. I'm a fan of odd pairings and honestly, the two have the potential to play off each other very well. Applejack is the 'straight man' of the show. She's there to play off the other's antics and be a voice of reason. {Though she has moments of her own leaps of logic.} Discord, in contrast, is the wackiest character in the show. Given those two natures, it's fun and engaging to see them work out a relationship. I'm not a fan of Fluttercord {as Fluttershy seems more like a maternal figure and friend to him} and Pinkiecord {He seems more like a cool uncle for her} While I am fond of Dislestia, Applecord has kind of won me over moreso. {And it's more fun to write.}

PegaSista101
Group Admin

4465092 Oh, you sound interesting really! Paleontology, writing and you're going to be an English teacher? Triple threat!

Hi, I'm The-Crackshipper. I love animals of all kinds, I love stories and reading, and I'm probably the most obsessive applecord shipper around. :twilightblush: I think of it as a genuine ship--I adore contrasting pairings (only ships that aren't common, though), especially ones that are funny, and it'd be fun to see AJ and Discord interact and have a relationship despite their differences (and speaking of differences, I couldn't help but notice that it looks like AJ is more similar to Discord than she is to Rarity? Just pointing that out).

I'm a bit confused about the definition of "crackship" here, though. The way I see it, "crackship" just means any ship that's really rare, weird/unlikely, or not mainstream, but that doesn't mean it can't be genuine too. Can someone please explain what it means here?

Also, should this group also have a friendshipping folder? I've seen other shipping groups have those too. :twilightsmile:

PegaSista101
Group Admin

4520328 You sound nice, and I totally agree about the whole contrasting relationship thing.

And in his group, I would at that crackship would mean a ship that ultimately makes no sense but would be interesting to see, like...Spike and Princess Luna. You get the gist?

So it's just something you just do for fun and don't take seriously/don't actually believe can happen? Okay, I think I get it. :pinkiesmile:

PegaSista101
Group Admin

4532801 There ya go!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8