Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
FolkloreBrony
Group Admin

Scroll down.

FolkloreBrony
Group Admin

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew, and I'm here to welcome you to the first behind the scenes look at the making of 'MLP: Emerald Fires'.
I began to get the idea for this series back about two years ago in 2013 when I was doing babysitting for my two younger cousins Emily and Megan. And at first I was very reluctant to get involved with a show that insult was directed towards 7 to ten year old girls, but I love my cousins dearly, so I would keep my mouth shut and just watch it with them.
However, it was probably after my tenth episode that I began to appreciate and to really fall in love with different characters of the series. Now in the beginning, Emerald Fires didn’t resembled anything like what I’ve come up with in the end product, and originally, the story was supposed to focus on the background character Derpy Hooves and about how her life would turn its course for the better when she would meet Novis, whose character at the time was only going to be a simple unicorn average joe who was trying to make a living as a musician in Equestria.
But as time past, the ideas for the story slowly drifted away from it’s roots to focus more and more on the Novis character, and eventually after four months of development I scraped the whole Derpy/Novis love story for something completely bold, new, and different. And it was a good thing too, because the original idea would have been great drama-wise, but it NEVER would have had the chance to make it to the top to stand side by side with great stories like ‘Past Sins’ by Pen Stroke, or ‘Off The Record’ by The King of Hearts, or even the ‘Fallout’ series which I haven’t actually read, but I’ve heard is a hugely successful series. I only hope that the fan-base for ‘Emerald Fires’ will continue to grow, and that it will continue to bring entertainment and as much fun as I am having every time I place my pencil to the paper and complete a new chapter in this series.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2