Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38
Julia
Group Admin

Magic to me is achieving an effect with a cause that may seem strange at first or even makes perfect sense, but ends up completely different than that which it was before. 9+10=21 is an example.:trollestia:

But in all seriousness, magic is real, we all know this. Magic in the real world does not equate to what our expectations are for it, so it seems less magical, but... there are happenings out there that we can't explain so we deem them as magic or miracles. A certain Book comes to mind with that last statement, but to avoid unnecessary conflict, I'll say on my part that the unexplained happens all the time. Most of these happenings and theories are usually explained later in time.

But, enough of my rambling, I'm high off of caffeine. I wanna hear your wonderful theories!

arcane energy.

Julia
Group Admin

WOW.

That's more of a spiritual thing, not necessarily "magical"... but eh...

4258748 meh spiritual magic what's the difference

Julia
Group Admin

The difference is huge. That's the purpose of this group, to distinguish between what is magical and what is not.

Thaumaturgy, the use of elements and science to create and destroy. Finding the base aspects of life and death in order to control it.

4258757 I think poltergeist are a form of magical energy

Julia
Group Admin

Sounds wonderful, but... reminds me of Alchemy a bit

Poltergeists are ghosts, which are souls. Souls power the body, so souls are therefore an independent energy. Souls may/can use magic, so they can manipulate the earth.

Magic itself may be spiritual forces used to manipulate the earth, or even vice versa.

Magic may be an earthly force, and perhaps is just natural like gravity or electromagnetism. Maybe it comes from the Moon, maybe from the Sun, maybe Magic has no origin at all. But its effects never change.

Magic is Manipulation of invisible or visible forces to make visible or invisible effects.

Souls are invisible forces, and not to be confused with spirits, which are similar but have more spiritual applications to them...

Damn... I'm rambling again, aren't I?

4258786 don't stop I like your rambling it's very educational

4258732 A way to advancements we never even believed possible, in medicine, defence, transportation and standard living. Magic in this era would cause more progress, instead of hinder it like in the past

4258786 Alchemy is a huge part of it.

Julia
Group Admin

I've studied magic, alchemy, spirits, ghosts, and pretty much everything for years... I'm surprised that I haven't done much with this knowledge till now. In fact, I have so much headcanon on how Magic works that I've used it for my stories and have added so much to the mix that I could create my own religion/magical school of philosophy if I wanted to!

If the studies I've performed and put down in my stories were true, we'd be summoning red sprites and black holes to fight demon cat spirits and ninja alchemists.

My theories state that since humans are in fact physical and spiritual beings with a massive psychological capability rivaled by no other creature on this earth, then with enough time, knowledge, and skill, we should be able to accomplish virtually anything!

From moving mountains to turning rocks into cupcakes, perhaps with technological advances to our biology, we could make my Magical Headcanons a reality! But... it would come at a cost.

Humans are mortal, therefore, to accomplish these things, we'd need to be immortal and perfectly sanctified beings with the will to crush diamonds with our bare hands. Humans today, and even back then, we have no will to accomplish the impossible, since the more logical we become, the less we think about strengthening ourselves to do things by ourselves.

Yes, I'll be honest, every day I look and concentrate on certain things to see if I can either sense or move it with my mind, I know, it's crazy, but all it takes is will power, and who knows? Someday, I just might be able to do these things.

4258824 you are awesome teach me more :raritystarry:

Julia
Group Admin

I could take both of your statements and attempt to fuse them

Ahh, atheists... I may not be one, but ya gotta love 'em.

Or not.

I don't know. I don't like atheists if they act like atheists... it just sounds weird to me.

But this is coming from Eris, lol

Julia
Group Admin

About my headcanon magic?

4258837 Indeed, also magic allows me to be an insane chaotic God, so anything that does that is good in my books :pinkiecrazy:

Julia
Group Admin

Well, my headcanon magic is made up of two distinct energies, which I have promptly named "Soul Energy" and "Yin Energy"

Soul energy makes up for the energy that goes into magic, as since it is not physical, it cannot have kinetic energy, so Soul energy makes up for that.

Yin energy provides it with shape, and refines it, as it acts as a purifier. I call Yin energy in my stories the "Purifying Energy," since a lot of characters use it to strengthen their attacks. Yin energy is what gives them their mentality, but it is different from Mental Energy, which is Yin Yang energy mixed with Bodily energy... forgive me for my headcanon, it gets really specific...

Of course, these specific energies may not (or do they?) exist in our world, but surely the applications needed to perform real life magic is there.

You have your soul, which gives you the ability of the impossible, then you use your raw mind energy, which would be Yin, to achieve it.

It may not be able to create purple dragon flames like in my story, but it can surely accomplish amazing things...

Though... I've never achieved anything spectacular besides telling the future through my dreams...

4258890 your headcanon is so awesome :raritystarry:

Julia
Group Admin

You should see how my headcanon explains alchemy....

but i haven't the time to explain it all now

and this thread isn't really for expressing much headcanon of this manner.

It's more for just allowing us to talk about what we know about magic already.

I'll save my juicy headcanons for a later thread:raritywink:

4258919 I can't wait to see it :raritystarry: I'm now your biggest fan :pinkiecrazy:

Julia
Group Admin

I'm glad you like my magic:twilightblush:

I'll surely write it out for you all sooner or later today:heart:

An orgasm after eight weeks.

There are a few ways I define magic.

First definition: magic is what occurs when one effectually moves from point A to point B and the only ones that understand how are people who are unwilling to reveal the secret. This is relative to your 10+9=21 example. People see 10+9=21 because people have no idea that 2 has been secretly added to the equation. Most people aren't aware enough to even consider that a 2 has been added. Of those who are, they lack the information to properly perceive the 2.

Here's a good example of what I mean. From 0:00 to 2:03 is enough to understand my point.

Second definition: prestidigitation. That is, this stuff. You can figure out most of these tricks if you take a lot of time questioning what it is you actually saw. This can be very hard to do if you're not a magician. If your memory of the events isn't perfect, you have to see the trick multiple times. If you're not aware of how some tricks work, you might be fooled way too easily. Don't underestimate these though, because making a person believe something incredible happened is a very powerful thing.

Third definition: magic is the manifestation of the will. I think Aleister Crowley said something along the same ilnes. With that definition, the act of accomplishment itself is magic. Anything you can possibly do is magic. If you want to do it and you're able to make it happen, it's magic, no matter what it is. If I wanted you to feel pain in your face, and I take my hand back, make a fist, and crash it into your face before you even realize what I'm doing, and I hit you, and you have pain nerves that are in working order, I've just done magic. That might not impress you, it's not supposed to. That example is just something you use as a basis to understand what magic really is. You want it done, you create a way to get there precisely as you wish to, then you carry it out -- that's all magic is.

4258732 A power for me to abuse! :pinkiesmile:

Julia
Group Admin

there needs to be a Viridi H Discordia:trixieshiftright:

I can see that...:applejackunsure:

Julia
Group Admin

I haven't converted any one in a while... Shall I search for a suitable candidate?

Julia
Group Admin

it may take a while...

4260449 I'm a patient sorcerer.

I believe that the mind and heart are the two aspects of magic and blood is the mana that fuels it and the skin and flesh that contain the mana and the aspects of magic

magic is created and studied
if magic is created then who created it, the mind
if magic is studied then who harnesses its power, the heart
if magic requires energy then what fuels it, the blood
if magic can escape that what is to contain it, the skin

magic is within us all and it is tales of false magic that lead us to make what is false into a reality
magic is blood

To me, magic is a mixture of Will and Life, in the plainest of terms. With a strong enough will, and the right conduit (such as horns for unicorns), one manipulates the living energy within themselves to impose that will upon the world around them. That's a fairly bare-bones description, but that's how I see magic.

Magic is 96% of the universe. The remaining 4% is baryonic matter, i.e. all the stuff we know about.
Life is how the universe sees itself. Intelligent life is how the universe knows itself.

I Believe Magic To Be A Product Of The Soul That Is Shaped By The Mind And Given Form By The Body. But I Am A Mere Prophet, So What Do I Know About The Mystical Arts? Very Little, I Would Think.

Best Regards,
Prophet_Of_Madness

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38