The Goodfic Bin 1,253 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Do the admins of this group have a special schedule for looking through the Self-Submissions? Or are they just backed up with the general submissions right now? Just seems like a while since the last Self-Submitted story was reviewed.

Just wondering. :scootangel:

Depends. Most peeps are inactive (including me). But I'm not sure, Hap should be around to answer this one.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5327763 There are currently three active reviewers: Winter Solstice, Architect Ironturtle, and myself.

Out of the three I'm the least regular, probably because my university degree began heating up and I had trouble balancing reading and working. I have no special schedule. Sometimes, when I'm at a cafe, I'll read a story from here. Unless it's a special occasion, all my reading comes from here.

I can't speak for the others, but Winter is remarkably regular, and Architect isn't far behind either. However, I do not nor do I intend to enforce any kind of schedule. Quite frankly, every time I have tried to do so with others has ended in failure, and even if I was unhappy with Winter and Architect's work (I'm not: I'm incredibly impressed) I have no way to reliably twist their arms if I wasn't. The only punishment I can enforce is prohibiting them from reviewing, and as you might guess, that doesn't exactly solve my problem.

I am entirely reliant on Winter, Architect, and others being dedicated individuals. Whilst this does, admittedly, negatively affect how fast we put our decisions out, at present there isn't an effective way for me to enforce a regular schedule, and frankly, given how real life has been beating me in the testicles recently, I'm not convinced it's fair for me to try and do so.

5327763 We could probably use more reviewers, since I would like to get down to single digit submission lists at some point, but I usually review something whenever I remember to, which means glancing at my last review, realizing it was a few weeks ago, and going hunting for the next story. I've got a couple of stories in my to-read queue that are from here, but no telling when I'll actually go through them.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5328415 Whilst I do sporadically go out and ask people if they'd like to be a part of the review team, if you or anyone else know people you think are reasonable and reliable, I'd be 100% happy to rely on your judgement to bring them on board. I understand I'm typically incredibly picky with regards to people, but if you and Winter are having problems, don't feel I'm getting in the way of you lightening your load.

That would be rubbish.

5328415 I did notice a lack of reviewers around here. I'd like to help, but I don't read a lot on this site, and I'm not as active as I used to be. I hope you guys can get some help soon, though. Thanks for answering. :twilightsmile:

5329211 If you're interested in writing a review, go right ahead. I'll need to look it over before accepting/rejecting the story you reviewed, but I see no reason why not.

5329447 Like I said, I wish I could. But I do enough stuff as it is, and the last thing you guys need is another barely-active reviewer. If I ever find the time, I might just apply, but that doesn't seem very likely. :applejackunsure:

I appreciate the offer, though. Thanks. :twilightsmile:

5329522 You misunderstand. I'm not looking for another active reviewer, just someone willing to review. If you do only one and never show up again, that's fine. I'll look your review over and decide whether it works well enough to judge the story. It'll make this go faster.

5329542 Oh. Okay. I just assumed you needed more staff. But I suppose one review wouldn't take up too much of my time. And I do need to read more here anyway.

I will think about it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10