The Goodfic Bin 1,253 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 155 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 155
BikerPon3
Group Admin

This is where we keep a record of strikes/bans. If anyone catches someone breaking the rules—for example: submitting their own work to the submissions folder—then it should be reported here. Any admin who has banned a member for whatever reason should report it here as well, so this record can be updated.

Strikes

IceStarPony - I
Luvbuttonmash - I
Rocketo - I
Shadowmane PX-41 - I
chankl2 - II
Final fantasy forever - I
flutterscheesepiefan - I
GodOfBBQ - I
Blondlionezel - I
Thespia-Rose - II
Darksonickiller - I
DJ_Neon_Lights - I
Gumball2 - I
MLPFan234 -I
Towkio -I
HAZESHIFT -I
Ember_Arts -I

Temporary Bans

None. :yay:

Permabans

SonataTrix - alt of Chankl2 for the sole purpose of submitting stories.
The Guardian and Friends—for being Theater Critic. :pinkiesick:

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

kek
Red Knight does it again.
Can you ban me for, like, an hour?

Goddamnit, Knight.

What'd he do? Spam?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4194172 I don't think even I have the authority to ban a lemon.

4194176 He was just being his usual self, but we've since had a chat through PM and resolved the dispute. (At least I think we have)

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4194170 I'd make an argument that if you're gonna ban someone, you have to be ready to say why. Then again, considering who it is, I can guess why he was banned. Still, for future reference, it'd be best to say why. Cheers :pinkiesmile:

And then I arrived and the topic became cool.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4194170 Shocking (he said without any degree of surprise in his voice). I do agree with Spratt, though, but let's face it: we all know why this time around.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

Yes—on this occasion—an explanation was quite unnecessary. In future, reasons will be provided. But hopefully we wont need to ban anyone else.

HapHazred
Group Admin
Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4194352 Let's hope so.

I agree with what the guy and the other person both said. Since that is not adding anything very useful to the topic at hand... umm... err... well...

I like pie?

So . . . . . . is it right to poke fun at him about it?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4194935 No. But I'm in a mood.

If it makes you feel better, I'd poke fun at him even if he wasn't banned.

I guess you could consider this the reason you shouldn't do anything to get banned thread. And even though I really couldn't care less about poking fun at him, I will make sure nobody goes around calling him anything particularly demeaning.

That would be unadmin-ish of me.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

:trixieshiftleft: Come on Dragonborne, you should know better than this. The Self Submissions folder is locked for a reason. Use the Self Submissions Thread if you want to submit a story.

And no. You're not banned. But keep this ▲▲ in mind for future submissions. :twilightsmile:

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4204390 Speaking of, quick question. What are we gonna do with the folder once it's empty?

4204831 I assume they plan to have admins add things that have been submitted but are waiting for review to it.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4204831 Either what Psi-Nova said, or, if we think that having a self submissions folder that nobody can self submit to is confusing for the simple interweb folk, we may just delete it. I didn't feel the need to think too hard on the matter since it's pretty damn full at the moment.

4204390 To that, I argue my case: I'd have used the Self-Submissions Folder if not for this gaping message I found upfront yesterday:

I'll use the Submission Thread next time, though. :)

HapHazred
Group Admin

4205192 I've edited the message in question to be doubly clear. Just in case it wasn't clear enough.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

HA! So it was HapHazred's fault. :ajsmug:

I could see why it would be confusing before...:twilightsheepish:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4205245 You're right. When I said 'please see the Submissions Thread', I was being far too confusing for simple internet folk.

Not to mention the message on the group page... I can see why people might get lost.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4204831 The SSF has been renamed "Pending Review". Basically it's a place for admins to put stories they intend to review later.

Comment posted by Charles Spratt deleted Mar 26th, 2015
Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4194170 First strike for IceStarPony: Found this (Can't screencap :twilightblush:):
•The Symphony of Dawn by IceStarPony (added by IceStarPony) The Goodfic Bin / Submissions: Submit Other People's Work Here
She has been informed of this via PM. Hopefully, it won't happen again. Cheers :pinkiesmile:

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4208230 Noted.

Oh and learn how to screenshot! (Because evidence) :trixieshiftleft::twilightsheepish:

I got it this time.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4208600 Sorry, I don't know how to screencap on my phone.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4208826 Usually it depends on what device/OS you use. (For my tab it's pressing power and home buttons at the same time) Google will be able to tell you. :twilightsmile:

BikerPon3
Group Admin

:facehoof: That's three strikes, and a 24 hour ban.

Edit: Two strikes waived. Ban lifted.

Three, three, three times the fuck-up in one go!

I might suggest some leniency in his case, though; his account isn't even three hours old.

Maybe consider it one strike?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4218220 The folder is named:

Submissions: Submit Other People's Work Here

How can anyone not understand that?

Yeah, but he did all three at the same time; it isn't as though it's a repeated offense. If he did it once and then three days later and then again two days after that, that'd definitely be three strikes.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4218254 Hmm.

I guess I see your point. Fine, I'll lift the ban and two of the strikes.

They posted it was an accident on the group page. Just saying. Dunno how this factors into the decision or whatever. :derpytongue2:

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

How do you screencap on a Wii U Gamepad? Anyway, caught one:
The Mystics by Rocketo (added by Rocketo)    The Goodfic Bin / Submissions: Submit Other People's Work Here

BikerPon3
Group Admin

That's a strike.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4222256 I'll let him know.

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Actually, I might be able to automate this with Python. I say might, because Fimfiction is hard to log into with python. I haven't tried copying the headers exactly, only the post data, but the headers seem to contain a session-id, and I don't seem to get any cookies from logging in to Fimfiction.

I could try to develop a Fimfiction automation script on the weekends, but only if it'll be useful. (Please tell me it'll be useful... :fluttershysad:)

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4228267 Python. What's that?

The only extension I've ever used to run user scripts is Tampermonkey, if that's what you're referring to.

2021 edit: I now major in Computer Science. This comment made me chuckle.

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Python is like C++ or Java. It's a programming language that's good for prototyping, and for things that don't need high speed. It isn't part of any browser.

If I want, I should be able to set up a script on one of my computers to automatically open Fimfiction every four hours or so and search for submissions of the form "by (*) \(added by (*)\*", where both stars match the same name, then post on the forum if anything is found and send a message to the poster about where to submit their stories.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4228303 Sounds complicated. (To me, at least)

Yeah, if you think you can pull it off, go for it. :pinkiesmile:

ArtichokeLust
Group Contributor

Yes! :pinkiehappy:

It may take as long as a month or two, or as little as one weekend, depending on how much debugging I have to do.

4228303 Python: Coding is Magic, new series this fall! :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 155