PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Yeah. I kind want/need a gaming labtop. I would go for a pc, but chances are I would end up having to buy it myself, which wouldn't be a problem if I weren't a 15 year old who only has a part time job at Hershey Park. Although I make some decent money (for a 15 year old) I just don't think I could afford one. And even if I could, I wouldn't have anywhere to put as thereis no space on and around my desk area. So yeah. Gaming labtop it is. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should get? (I would prefer to stay in the 3 digits price wise...)

Ps. I forgot to mention: I actually do already have a pc, but one day I came home to find that my grandma had found out how to dismantle it and pack it up into some boxes and tell me that I can't have it till collge... so yeah. There's that too...

5401443 A gaming desktop is going to cost you a ton less than a laptop. You could get a very good desktop that can play basically all new games smoothly for about $600-700, whereas a gaming laptop that's compatible would cost about $1,000-1,200.

If you aren't running new, Triple-A games, like Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Black Ops 3 Half-Life 3, you could probably get a decent laptop for about the same price as a gaming desktop, for running games like Garry's Mod, Insurgency, Skyrim, CS:GO, etc. (Just listing some newer games I play on a desktop compatible to a mid-end laptop).

Laptops usually are built by a company, like Alienware. This usually means that they have to inflate the price in order to make a good profit. I built myself a desktop that runs brand-new games on highest settings with over 60 FPS for only $750, because you buy the parts yourself, saving you money as opposed to buying a laptop or desktop from a company that has to artificially inflate the price to keep their company afloat.

jxj

5401443 my honest advice is don't. It's going to be ridiculously expensive for a weaker computer. I'd focus on getting your desktop back. If your grandpa took that away why wouldn't he take away the laptop?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5