PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Ok I'm very embarassed right now to ask this, so please don't make fun of my stupidity I found this group and I have to ask a question. I want buy an NBA game on Amazon and PC looks pretty interesting. What is the difference of PC and PC download? Can you use it on a Ipad 2? will it work if I buy it?

jxj

4407566 PC typically means a physical disk, while PC download gives you a code that lets you download the game (usually through steam). It won't work on I pad, the I pad uses IOS which is unique to apple mobile devices. If you want it on I pad you need to get it throught the app store.

4407566 4407597 there are times that the actual disc is better than download. at least with the disc, you can actually have a hard copy in case of any troubles.

jxj

4407618 personally I disagree. you can also loose the disk or install code, both of which have happened to me. My laptop also doesn't have a disk drive. The only problem i've had is that you can't return them when you and your group decide to buy a game and then your the only one who actually does.

4407627 got every disc and code safe in one area. Besides, I didn't say lose it. I just said other things such as hackers. They can't get the hard copies but they can get your download copies.

jxj

4407632 sadly disk management doesn't retroactively apply to childhood which is what happened to me. To each their own; you prefer physical copies, i prefer digital ones.

4407643 got physical copies of older games like Lego Island. Game won't work anymore but still nice to have memories.

Thanks. You guys saved my allowance money.

jxj

4407676 no problem, don't worry about sounding stupid. Everyone has to start somewhere.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9