PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

What do you guys think? A way to support modders, Valve wanting to cash more or both?

I sincerely am a bit worried. Especially with the mods being taken down from Skryim nexus. There is not much to stop someone from picking a free mod, change a bit assets and then claim it's theirs. And there isn't much quality control either. :ajsleepy:

I just found a video which shows pretty much what I think is the reasoning behind it: :derpytongue2:

Only thing I've seen of this idea I've liked as-is is the 24 hour no-questions-asked return policy.

Think that says something, all by itself. :facehoof:

I fully support giving modders the ability to monetize their efforts in some way, but this system is a complete disaster. As you mentioned, theft is major concern, and I'm worried about less scrupulous modders updating the mods people have already downloaded to disable them in an effort to force people to pay.

However, even that pales in comparison (in my mind) to Valve's shady business, raking in 75% of that money and leaving only a small fraction to the content creators. It was bad when they did it with Team Fortress 2, and it's bad now.

4303850 this is why i use nexus instead of the workshop

That was too accurate.

4303845 heh we still get it free, torrents fix the whole paying stuff, but I don't got money I prefer it to be free.

DH7

This post pretty much kicked me right off the fence. Good thing too. It was a picket fence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12