PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Just wondering if anyone's got a Nintendo DS/3DS and a flash cart for it and has tried this program. What do you guys think?

I just got an R4i Gold 3DS in the mail today and I loaded it into it. It's pretty cool, unfortunately it hasn't been updated in almost three years, but it runs nicely, at least for MegaRace.

The biggest drawback of this program in its current state is that there is no sound, and for many, I'm sure that's not an issue.

DH7

A PC emulator? That's different. I wonder if it could play Dagerfall on the DS . . .

I've run several emulators on my computer, but haven't had much success with emulating PlayStation games.

I wonder if it could play Dagerfall on the DS...

I could give it a shot.
Edit: I tried Arena, and it didn't work. Daggerfall might not either.
Edit: Daggerfall doesn't work either. :fluttershyouch:

I've run several emulators on my computer, but haven't had much success with emulating PlayStation games.

Really? I've never had a problem when using ePSXe, even in its early days.

DH7

I could run Castlevania just fine, but Resident Evil was really jumpy, and other games were just 'off'.

I could give it a shot.
Edit: I tried Arena, and it didn't work. Daggerfall might not either.
Edit: Daggerfall doesn't work either. :fluttershyouch:

I wouldn't even have tried Daggerfall after Arena didn't work. They're virtually the same game, save for Daggerfall being a bit more robust.

I've been able to play both using Dosbox.

Yeah. It's just nice to have some DOS games on the go, though.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how difficult it would be to make a DOSBox handheld with a Raspberry Pi?

DH7

Someone would just have to make a version of the program that's compatible with whatever it is that you're using.

The Raspberry Pi OS is, I think a variant of Debian, and DOSBox is compatible with that, so I don't think it'd be unreasonable to assume that DOSBox could be used on a Raspberry Pi. The only problem would be getting a frontend that can be used with a controller.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7