PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Yes, my PC sucks. Anyway, the maximum I can do is 128. I've already checked over my BIOS, though there's nothing helpful. I want to start playing CS: GO again, but I need 256 at least.

Is there anything for me to do to get to 256 MB, or do I need to upgrade?

You might need to upgrade since it's impossible to increase video memory. What kind of GPU do you have and what PCI slot do you have it in?

I agree with Mr Ghostman. You need to get a new one. If you don't have a lot of money and don't mind a wait, I would suggest the Black Fridays sales on Newegg. I got all my parts form their black friday sale. Granted I had a bit saved up, so I did't hold back. My poor aching bank account.

Otherwise, you should just keep an eye out on Newegg. But it all depends on how much you are willing to spend and what is compatible.

Yeah, I'll just get all the parts for a PC so I can build my own. I'm on a budget of roughly $400.

Thanks!

There is a refurbished Radeon HD 7770 on Newegg for $80 and it's a really good entry-level GPU that fits within' your budget. :twilightsmile:

Hmm, thanks for pointing it out. I'll look into it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LjnXGX

If you're interested, here's the budget build list that's within' your budget. However if you already have a hard drive that's compatible with SATA3 or SATA6 and has enough storage for games, then you can skip the new HDD on the list. Although (unless you already have an Operating System disk of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) you might need to find a way to get an OS DVD or OS DVD image to install the operating system on the new HDD.

Should I switch the CPU with an FX-6300?

If it's within' your budget, then yes. BTW, what are your PC specs?

Right now?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 2.80GHz
Ram: 6GB
Storage: Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
Model: Aspire X810
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Err, I think it's that. Sorry, I don't know everything, since this PC I use is really old and I never check it that much.

Based on your CPU, the motherboard socket is a LGA 775 type and rarely are there any new Intel processors that either support the socket or even sell them as much. If you do want to upgrade the CPU, based on the LGA 775 socket, I would recommend something like the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz Quad-Core processor (provided that you also buy thermal paste and an aftermarket cooler since the Q9400 within' the budget doesn't contain a stock cooler). However, before adding on the Radeon HD 7770, I would also recommend upgrading the power supply and if on a tight budget and you don't plan on overclocking too much, something like an EVGA 430 Watt 80+ PSU or the Corsair 430 Watt 80+Bronze PSU would be great for low-powered systems.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12