Use our OCs! 332 members · 365 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Well, everyone is doing it, and this guy's usefulness is soon approaching an end in the story he's intended for. So...

SECOND WIND

Supplies the Updraft!

APPERANCE

Race: Pegasus [!handicapped!]
Fur: Summer-lime fur {Note: given color to represent his greenhorn status}
Mane Ruffled orchid mane (a cowlick strand on the back of the head) {Note: given color to represent a genuine connection with Tempest Shadow}
Eyes: Amber colored
Cutie Mark: A phoenix feather
Author's Main Purpose: To be the voice of reassurance for Tempest Shadow
Others: Left wing is amputated, replaced with prosthetic metal wing

About the wing
His metal wing is more than just for show as it allows him to access a space pocket with the use of a monitor and keypads on the inner portion of the wing (no magic involved, it's all machine). The pocket can store or retrieve articles in a flash of light. How much it can hold, I can't quite tell you. What does he have in it, I'm not certain. In his story, he's able to carry his teams weapons and armor, some Rawst Berries to cure burns, his journal, and I also had him state a few other things when he was asked this question.

"Well I have some Dead Peppers to hasten one's movements, couple Jolt Tonics to wake you from a deep slumber, there's sleeping bags, a few eye drops, a smoke bomb, dozens of potions, don't ask what's in them."

There's plenty more, so possibilities are endless.

The drawback is that Second Wind can't use it to fly, so he's grounded like an Earth pony. He also needs a moment to pull out anything from his wing (somewhat like when you need time to find something on a computer).

A QUICK SUM UP

True to his name as he tries to help and stay positive in any way possible.

A FULL SUM UP

So what can I say about Second Wind... why don't I have him explain how he lost his wing in his own words.

"Eh, it wasn't anything as amazing as facing an ursa minor," Wind downplays his loss. "just a really bad case of angel wing that resulted from a bone infection. It started when I began to feel my wing getting sore one day, but I didn't put much thought into it and considered that I might've sprained it somehow. I decided to lay off flying for a short while, but it only got worse, so I went to see a doctor to get this under control. Attempts were made, pain was endured, and once my wing was unable to tuck at my side, it was time to amputate it." A smile of bittersweetness gently appears on his face as he looks at his prosthetic wing, "Honestly, it was harder to deal with the pain my wing was giving me, rather than dealing with the fact that I lost it."

The wing itself was something made by an abyssinian (basically the same species as Capper from the movie) mechanic named, Cider. He's basically intended to be the My Little Pony equivalent to Final Fantasy's, Cid, a recurring name belonging usually to father figures in the series that acts no different here as Cider has raised Wind since he was a foal. He's called 'Uncle Cider' by Second Wind, but that's just for formality...

"I guess the 'uncle' title wasn't fooling you," Second sighs that the cat's out of the bag, as well as the family tree. "Well it's pretty much as you see it. Him and I don't have any blood between us, but he's been a lot like a father to me throughout my life."

The two of them make their way over to a wall and rest against it.

"So what brought you two into meeting each other?" Shining continues.

Wind leans his head back to gather his thoughts, "It was a few months after I was born, so I don't quite remember it happening. I was told that my mother was dealing with something at the time and she needed somebody to care for me in her absence."

About Wind's mother... that would be spoiling his story, so I can't talk into details about her. All you need to know is that Wind didn't see her again after meeting Cider. Though absent, he admired the stories he was told about her as a guard and inspired him to join the guard as well...

Wind freezes, turning his attention towards Shining Armor with a fluster look on his face. "It's silly... but... I want to try and relive the amazing stories I was told about my mom. Thrilling tales like proving her worth to the king of dragons, climbing up the tree of life, riding on a phantom train full of ghosts, flying to the moon on a ship, and stopping a witch that controlled time."

Second Wind basically wants to be an inspiring hero, living up to his name as he tries to raise the spirits in others through words and actions...

"WE NEVER LET LOSSES STOP US!" Second Wind's outburst silences Tempest, gaining a sliver of optimism from her. Ice begins to creep around the makeshift barricade, "Broken ponies like us don't let their losses stop them, they forge new paths that lead towards uncharted possibilities." He puts on a smile to fight the chill of the ice slithering across his body, "If there's any chance we have left to get out of this alive, it's in your hooves." Wind begins shivering, but he refuses to drop his grin, "J-just.... f-f-focus...."

Wind isn't lying about possibilities as he's quite crafty...

Wind returns back to typing, looking a lot more at ease and leaving Flash a lot more confused, "Not going to correct yourself on the 'ribbon' as well?" Sentry asks.

"Nope. I remember storing that one."

"Why store a useless thing like that?"

"For the heck of it." Wind pauses after a moment, catching that he's still getting a bewildered look from his higher-up, "You develop a habit of improvising when you're missing some pieces," Wind waves at Flash with his prosthetic wing.

Second Wind can be a bit foolish at times, doing risky things to be that inspiring hero he aims to be...

Casually walking down the barren street, is a dark orchid mare with a broken horn and an odor that smells like bile and cigarettes. It's Tempest Shadow, keeping up her tough-girl appearance with a cool demeanor, despite the stench she's giving. The stallions tense up to the disgusting smell the pony is bringing with her approach, so much in fact that they're not even noticing that her Focus Crystal is missing.

Shadow stops in front of the boys with a look of unamusement. It's a straight expression, but they can tell that she's extremely annoyed right now.

"What is that," Wind fans the smell away in a concerning tone, "the latest perfume?"

Tempest slaps him across the face.

But he can spot the actions to the behavior in others...

"...have you noticed," Second Wind asks, "ever since we met her, that Tempest has never smiled?"

Armor shifts his eyes about, reflecting on the past events with her.

"After proving a point or even being cocky to your expense, she hasn't given a smile to anything, not once this entire time."

And tries to implement that re-encouragement that fits his name...

Tempest glances at the specially crafted wing of his, "You were lucky in the end though. You may have lost your ability to fly, but you got a metal wing with a space pocket out of it," Shadow nestles into her folded forelegs on the rail. "It's better than losing your control on magic and getting an ugly stub in the middle of your forehead."

"Oh I don't know," Wind tries to reassure her, "I think that broken horn of yours makes you look kinda cute."

Tempest holds her pose, keeping her head planted and swerving her eyes towards Wind with a mirthless look against his sunny smile. "........" she turns her head away from him, "...you have poor eyesight," and buries her cheeks into her forelegs.

HIS STORY

TFinal Filly Fantasy
Written as if it were meant for a Final Fantasy game, this is about four ponies tasked to reclaim Equestria's stolen magic as they struggle with their own personal issues.
Amereep · 66k words  ·  27  3 · 1k views

YOUR FREEDOM OF USE

Anything, really.

Change his mane and fur? Sure, never liked it from the start.
Kill him? Wouldn't be the first time.
Put him in a clopfic? ...send me the link. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It would be nice if I could receive some credit if you use him.

If there's anything else you like clarification on, feel free to ask, because I think characters grow from the responses people make on them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1