Sunset Shimmer's Element 425 members · 298 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

So, lately this has been a wee bit of a debate in the fandom so far right now about Sunset Shimmer's element. Many are debating on what would be her element in the show. So, just asking, but what do YOU think it is?

Personally, I agree with most that "Element of Forgiveness" might be a good idea of a element considering the following:
-She wishes to be forgiven by the Mane human 5 for her past mistakes of becoming a raging she-demon and they do eventally forgave her.
-By everyone in the school by that matter she wishes to be forgiven and they may soon in the rumored Equestira Girls 3.
-Sunset Shimmer doesn't MIND that the Mane 5 never asked her to be in the band and forgiven them at the end of movie for not making her a band member eariler.
-Forgives Rarity for talking about Flash Sentry and when they dated.

So high possibly about forgiveness but there's also chances of other element ideas. Tell me what you think and your thoughts in the comments below!

Also, congrats to all in this group for being first on the list of featured groups, surpassing the Clop-fics group and beating it!

Element of forgiveness.

Wow, I barely posted this and you commented right away. :yay:

Element of Friendship could be possible.

Her storyline is more about trust than forgiveness.

Well to me there are three possible ones to me.
She could be the element of forgiveness as she was first given forgiveness in Equestria Girls 1.
She could also be the element of trust as her new friends put their faith in her to be a better person
And finally she could be the element of Magic bit in the human world as seen in Rainbow Rocks

I figure Sunset's Element is either Forgiveness or Redemption. My personal thought is Redemption, since if it was forgiveness, I don't think she could've found the strength to basically tell the other to pull their heads out like she did or be able to join them and save the day.

Element of Magic...for the human world anyway. Also, does she need one? Cause they don't have those in canon anymore either.

4125446 Either element of forgiveness, tolerance, knowledge, or trust.

That is true I suppose.

I've seen a lot of people do her as element of magic for the human world but I just think that's sharing Twilight's element. If Sunset Shimmer DOES have a element or gets one, then at least it make it her own unique one.

Redemption is a good one!

1) I never said she needed one.

2) Isn't that what the group is half about with the other half of it being about love for Sunset Shimmer?

As for the whole magic thing, as I had said before I just think it's only sharing Twilight's element and I find it a little wee bit silly for her to be Magic for the human world. I don't know, I just think it's a little bit dumb.

At least give her own unique different one IF she gets one.

I would say either forgiveness or redemption.

How does no one know this? Sunset Shimmer is the element of ketchup and mustard! :pinkiesmile:

4126235 Well yeah for like fanfiction sure, I wrote an AU where she is Magic Friendship after all. You however were saying 'in show', but the EoH aren't even around anymore.

After watching Rainbow Rocks again this evening, I think I have to change my answer and agree with you. Sunset Shimmer's Element is Courage. We're led to believe it's 6-7 months since the first movie and yet, Shimmer is still keeping a good attitude and trying to make amends, even when the other girls say something thoughtlessly to remind her she screwed up. Just before the battle, she risked everything to basically tell the others to pull their heads outta their butts then during the battle, she found the strength and courage to "get on stage" and help defeat the sirens. You could tell, both times, she was scared spitless but she still did what needed doing. That's Courage.

4138445 That sounds quite interesting. Sunset Shimmer; The Crest of Courage

Does that mean she gets a small-ish orange dinosaur now to follow her around and fight for her? :rainbowwild:

Can you image the looks on the sirens faces when Agumon warp digivolves? :rainbowlaugh: Or Trixie? :twilightsheepish: Of course, Koromon would probably scare Trixie! :pinkiehappy:

4125446 I was in the 'Forgiveness' camp for a long time, but after SDCC and Meghan McCarthy's thoughts on the matter, I'm now inclined to go with 'Empathy' as Sunset Shimmer's Element of Harmony.

If you think about it, it makes sense - prior to the first film, Sunset had enough of an understanding of the Humane Five to manipulate them into going at one another's throats (or at least enough to go for the critical connections and let things continue from there), and in the film itself, she knew enough to put the pressure on Twilight. In Rainbow Rocks, she was apparently able to see the aura of negative emotional energy generated as the Sirens sang, and was able to identify the problems within the Humane Six as the film progressed - had she been more confident in speaking out, there probably would have been fewer problems.

Also, if you'll forgive an analogy? The first five elements - Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity and Loyalty - form a foundation for friendship. Friendship, in turn, is Magic. Forgiveness, while a part of that mix, is more like a mortar holding the foundation together, while Empathy seems more in line with the first five.

I think most likely Humility as it is what she has learn and lacked beside the basics of friendship. In the comics that's what Celestia asked of her when she said that in the mirror she saw a pony with nothing but power and potential. She was incredibly arrogant at that time and thought that because she wanted power she rightfully deserved it. She took everything for granted at that moment and in Rainbow Rocks she had to make a lot of efforts to earn the trust and friendship of the others.She has lost this arrogance that characterized her as a villain. I advice that you take a closer look at the short "My Past is not Today".

Comment posted by Trooper028 deleted Aug 21st, 2015

Replace the girl (Nokia) in this video with Sunset. Then imagine the look on the Dazzlings faces as Omegamon stares down at them.

I personally think that Sunset could be the Element of Courage, because no matter what the worlds throw at her, she will always be willing to protect everything she cares about.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27