Sword Art Online: Remastered 199 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

New SAO movie coming out, what're your thoughts on it?

5153778 Nothing comprehensible, that's for sure.

5153778 Unsure seeing as trying to rework a story can have consequences. SAO wasn't the best anise ever but we enjoyed the story, so changing it to fit both a new setting and length can be very risky. Most likely eliminating character development with Kirito and other players as the anima did, and more in developing the plot of the movie, which is trying to get out alive.

But I admit this idea thrills me, and I like the new designs a bit. Makes them look both modern and fantasy like, sort of like Final Fantasy. But Kirito looks much older and sort of, wimpy(?) compared to his original design. Although this could be his starting character rather than his final build.

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

It's supposed to be set during the second and third season, so it shouldn't mess up anything. In fact it should give some character building.

5155159 Huh, and here I was making assumptions. Wait, between the second and third season? That means Alfheim Online and Gun Gale Online, right? Because officially there has only been two seasons. Now if you mean archs, then I have to wonder what sort of story will this movie go for trying to fit the events of SAO and AO into it. Possibly a look into the physiological scaring done to both of Kirito and Asuna after SAO?

MUST HAVE. RIGHT NOW.

5153778 Huh. That's pretty damn neat. Guess I aughta finally get into Alicization then...
~Natz

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9