The Berylverse 180 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Shinzakura
Group Admin

Blue and I were just chatting about the series, and he had this to say, which I was very touched about:

BlueBastard: Not gonna lie, it's because your Trixie is ADORABLE
BlueBastard: seriously, she's probably my favorite side character in 7DSJ thanks to the way you've handled her
Shinzakura: Really?
BlueBastard: Well, ok, I like ALL the characters, but Trixie is a bit of a standout in my opinion
Shinzakura: Well, I like writing her because she's far more balanced and normal than the canon EqG version. Pony version's fine, but giving her the exact same personality as a human just makes her a walking cliche, far more than the other characters.
BlueBastard: The more natural take you do with her far from natural situation (like, her mother's trying to get her into a lesbian orgy with her best friends and she's more pissed than mortified about it - that speaks VOLUMES about what her home life is like usually) really is done well
Shinzakura: Thanks. I wanted Harmonic to be well over the top and that was the best way I could think of.

So, without trying to sound completely egotistical, I'm curious to know who's your favorite 7DSJ character and why? Keep in mind that we're talking the 7DSJ versions of the characters, not their canon counterparts.

I really like the girl (don't remember her name though) who worked as a prostitute and was found by Shinning Armor. It was a good foil of the nice girl, she being a jerk, stubborn, and has a way with words who hides a painful past of sexual abuse the poor thing

I think her name is Sweet Pea…

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Why, though?

Yeah, that's Sweet Pea.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Why, though?

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me guys :raritywink:

Oh, so many reasons... (I was saving the reasons for 'later' :trixieshiftright:)

Sunset has some wonderful development here, one that matches her cannon development perfectly. There are times when reaing this, I kind of almost wish that they switch. I love how she has some of Twilight's qualities, she is her own woman. Her protectivness, desire to be there for every pony, and redemption make her a great character.

*scratches non-existent beard* This is gonna be hard to explain…
7DSJ is one of the first stories I read here on Fimfiction and I believe the first story where I saw an in depth exploration and development of Sunny's character. even in 7 Days, her character stood out to me and I guess your rendering of her has stuck, because it's good, it works and it makes sense. The way I see it, you took a cliché, bratty, power-hungry cartoon character and made her human. Not necessarily into someone you can relate to, but someone you can (minus all the magical shit) find in real life.

On another note, did you edit the first post of this thread (I don't know what to call it), the question at the end to be precise, or is that just me?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

No, I just highlighted everything. :pinkiehappy:

WhitewolfStormrunner
Group Contributor

Oh, boy, lessee.........

Honestly, my fave character in the 7DSJ would have to be Sunset herself, because she's been through so much, grown as a person, made peace with those she's hurt, and come such a long way since she stole Twilight's crown waaaayyyyyyyyyy back in the day.

Sorry for the late response, but I decided to change it from Derpy to Sunny, because I think I was capable of understanding Sunset's plight easier then I could Derpy's. Basically the way it was when I had discovered Seven Days in Sunny June, book I, I thought it interesting how Sunset felt like she didn't fit into either of the worlds, fearing retribution from Celestia, and also fearing that if her surrogate family were to discover her true origins they may wish to no longer care for her, especially since in actuality she is in her 30's. Also I enjoyed the transition she had from the queen bee of CHS to what can likely be called the one of the more helpful and kind individuals on the school ground. One thing in particular I noted is when Snails, I believe, had gotten in trouble for such reason, and she had opted to take the blame for what he did seeing as she had mistreated him in the past, such as stealing his money, insulting his intelligence, etc. I even have a particular quote I have from Sunny. "Better to trade the wounds for the balm I have, than to not know the stings of experience and regret."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15