The Berylverse 180 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Shinzakura
Group Admin

Okay, we just realized that the final arc of 7DSJ Book III is going to be a little intense. So, we're going to have to extend.

I'm for Book IV, but Blue's for Part II (I think). Since we can't make up our minds, we're asking you, the fandom:

7DSJ, Book III - Part II, or
7DSJ, Book IV?

Let us know in the comments. Deadline is June 1, so it's important!

Comment posted by Shinzakura deleted May 3rd, 2015
WhitewolfStormrunner
Group Contributor

I'm voting for this one:

7DSJ, Book IV

"7DSJ, Book III - Part II" has my vote. I don't think it's story would be better of being considered a new book, but rather a continuation of the previous.

Honestly its hard to say but if I was to go with my heart I would Say "7DSJ, Book IV I really love this series a whole lot.

A book IV. Why? Because I always wanted to say, I own a quadrilogy.

Book III part II. It would mean less chance of people missing out on chapters, I would think.

I say that the decision depends on the story itself: are you actually going into a logical stopping point that could separate two episodes, or are you just kind of going into a tangent that will still deliver you to the same ending?

Although, in a more personal matter, I would prefer you close Book 3 and let Blue write Book 4. This would release you to pursue some other endeavours. :pinkiehappy:

Sorry, just something I'm misunderstanding hereā€”is this just semantics, or are there differences between the two of them?

Flynt Coal
Group Admin

4331710 Well, we'd always planned it as one book. You know my answer:

4332395 The story will be exactly the same either way, but the tone of the upcoming story arc is so different from the rest of book 3 that we're wondering whether it should be a separate story

I'm voting for Book IV. I don't know why; it just seems right to do it.

I'm voting for Book IV. After Deathly Hollows part 2, Breaking Dawn Part 2, and Mockingjay Part 2, I don't want books (even fanfiction) to start going down that path.

Well, feels like it's going to be another arc for the story, so, might as well be part IV :raritywink:

Shinzakura
Group Admin

I'll be taking a month between Book III and (whatever) to finish out AAG Book I. In fact, the plan is to release AAG Book I's conclusion and (whatever)'s first chapter on the same day - July 4. If that doesn't happen, finishing AAG Book I gets priority. Blue and I already discussed that.

Of course there is. There always is.

Book IV Here I think. At least based on what 4332490 said above that might be the way to go.

The story will be exactly the same either way, but the tone of the upcoming story arc is so different from the rest of book 3 that we're wondering whether it should be a separate story

So the choice is basically, "Do we keep it in Book III or make a Book IV?"? Because if so, if the tone is different, then yeah, Book IV all the way. Book III is happyhappy so I'd assume that the rest of this is sadsad and I don't want my sadsad next to my happyhappy.

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Sadsad doesn't begin to cover it.

BlueBastard
Group Admin

Actually, that's very much why Book III is getting split - sticking to the original timetable we had laid out is impossible at this point if it remained whole, as what's left to cover would suffer from compression and leave no time for AAG's previously planned period of development.

This way, everybody is happy and I can give RM his damn cyberweasels back.

Yes. What comes next is so dark you will not see any of it coming.

Seriously.

We don't have a lighting budget for this one, so we have to write it in braille. :pinkiecrazy:

FlashFrame
Group Admin

If it's such a drastic shift in tone... then I'm thinking that going with Book IV may be the best course of action.

Though, considering it's all ment to be part of the same book, maybe you should simply continue adding chapters as is... I dunno, it's a tough call really.

I think my vote lays with Book IV however.

Actually, that's very much why Book III is getting split - sticking to the original timetable we had laid out is impossible at this point if it remained whole,

I'm confused: if this little decision is based on external circumstances, rather than something actually happening within the story, then why don't you guys just call a short hiatus, rather than consider either a fourth book or a second arc to the third book?

BlueBastard
Group Admin

Well, it's partially external circumstances - on the current timeline, we don't have an allowance for fleshing out the next part of the story sufficiently enough while remaining on time.

Well, to me it sounds like you guys are tossing the project because it overran its budgeted timeframe. That could be believable from pro writers who have a delivery schedule, but just sounds so weird coming from hobbyists who aren't even competing for anything.

Guys: why so serious?

I vote book IV.

BlueBastard
Group Admin

What? No, we're not tossing the project, we're simply re-planning on a new timeline to accommodate the need to make the story longer than originally expected while letting Shin concentrate on his own projects. I feel I probably should mention that originally I was actually against splitting Book 3 as I felt it was unnecessary at the time, but after the most recent discussion we had about the plot's direction brought up the need for more development of certain plot elements for full effect, trying to force all that is left into resolving 7DSJ as a trilogy would compromise the end product's quality.

Plus, I know it might seem like I'm not doing much of anything ever since the Book 2 rewrite was finished and Shin's doing all the work, with Flynt (and his duct-tape repaired brain) lending his talents to the fold with HGtO, but that's because what I'm doing right now could be considered elaborately extensive background work for the story. You just won't see what I mean until much later.

It appears that a Book IV might be the best solution based on what I've read. My vote goes to Book IV.

Hm, I'm going to have to say Book IV if you think you can leave us with a satisfying and riveting end to Book III, but if its going to be another cliffhanger ending then Book III Part II should be sufficient so long as you don't leave it on an irritating cliffhanger like a certain fanfic I've read, I'll admit though I haven't read Seven Days in a while so my memory may be fuzzy of such an awesome fic....... Oh who the buck am I kidding? I can't even forget the first visual novel I read through in its entirety from back in December of 2013 so I think I can recall this well enough.

I vote Book IV !

WhitewolfStormrunner
Group Contributor

4333016 Why do I absolutely not like the sound of that.........?:twilightoops:

Yes. What comes next is so dark you will not see any of it coming.

This. This is why.

Everybody, get ready to grab all the boxes of tissues that you can! This last Book is gonna be a very bumpy one!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37