Horizon Brave Vs. The World 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 150 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 150

Sorry, 1d10+4 → [4,4] = (8) Penalty -1 = 7http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728947/

Aight so SoM what you feeling? My thoughts where go for a slam then waste the bastard next turn with the cannons. That also gives us a chance to have the choppers fire.
Alternately we can for for the grapple and try for our super move and paste him while he's stunned. Either way we've got a bunch of rolls to make it work so I'm open to your thoughts.

Also if I'm writing up a move or something do you guys want me to get a little theatrical with my descriptions of what we're attempting?

EDITS: Wouldn't the charge be 10+3(agility)-1(damage)?
Ah teething problems. Can't kill monster with them, can't play a new system without them.

3834315 First, theatrical is fun, go for it.
Also that was my thought for a bit to, slam and then cannons.
But given the description it seems this guy(or girl) has a soft torso that would be perfect for our super move to hit. We cannot give it the chance to let off another shot so it is likely to disable it.
But I will differ to your judgement, if we slam it then we can decide what to do.

Killbles
Group Admin

Just hold off the rolls for the moment, figure out with lilflamewars if you will Slam or Grapple first.

Aight so SoM what you feeling? My thoughts where go for a slam then waste the bastard next turn with the cannons. That also gives us a chance to have the choppers fire.

Igor would still be clustered targets with Horizon and you would run the risk of damaging your own Jaeger with the missiles. Freezers are fair game though.

Also if I'm writing up a move or something do you guys want me to get a little theatrical with my descriptions of what we're attempting?

That's my job! =P

Seriously though, adding a little flavour to things like grapple moves and I may let you add your Dexterity stat to your roll... you have no dexterity at the moment though. If you want to make a called shot (i.e. An attack targeting a specific spot) let me know, as there are penalties for that.

Okay so by Kibble's own posts it's 10+3 to charge so that's what I did.
10+3=12(9+3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728948/

So as I understand it a slam would be made at 1d10+1(base) +2(Hand to Hand) +1(Charge)

Killbles
Group Admin

Slam it is then!

Slams are done with a blunt weapon (So your fists would be good...) + Strength + Charge Bonus (+2) + Perk (+1). You're at minus one to actions though, just remember.

1d10+2+2+1-1 → [5,2,2,1,-1] = (9) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728960/ Wait, 10, forgot base modifier.

3834339 Choo Choo
1d10+6=10(4+6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728956/
So with the -1action is this our whole turn?

Seeing the huge gout of flame the pilots abandon their defensive tactics and move to take the fight to Igor. Experience compensates for the damaged leg and Horizon Brave thunders into the water towards the Kaiju, horns blasting the deep roar of an angry Jager. Passing the breach in the so called "Wall of Life" both arms rise into position above the Jager's head, ready to to take advantage of the Kaijus slump to slam him to the ground. The distance disappears and the arms fall towards Igor.

Killbles
Group Admin

3834343 3834333
With the sound of motors whinging and servos grating, Horizon Brave takes a step forward and then another and the another. Within four strides the Jaeger is at top speed, pounding through the shallows with a deceptive burst of speed for 8000 ton war machine.

Igor braces itself for a moment before realising that standing in front such a charge isn't the safest idea and with a squeak, tries to leap aside!
Dodge! (3+2) = 5

The Kaiju is simply too slow though and a wet crunch sounds around the battlefield as Horizon Brave's reinforced chest plate slams up against the still moving Kaiju's and knocks it flat on its back.

Hit to R. Shoulder! 2 Damage! -3 for Armour! No damage inflicted!

Igor is now prone!

You should've rolled a hit location as well... I forgot and rolled one instead. Derp.

Oh, I didn't remember seeing a table or listing for hit location rolling so I left it for you.
So do all 3 cannons fire as one action?

Comment posted by spawnofmetroid deleted Nov 26th, 2014
Killbles
Group Admin

Igor, still floundering on the ground hacks and coughs again, its body twisting in a familiar way. The two pilots barely have time to think before another jet of pile erupts out of the creature's mouth!

Ranged attacks made at point bank range can be dodged, blocked or parried if you are standing.
What would like to do?

[ ] Block! (1d10+1+ HtH-1)
[ ] Parry! (1d5+2+HtH-1. Can counter attack if you are successful.)
[ ] Dodge! (1d10 + Agility -2)

Hooo Crap!!! Dodge!
1d10+4-1 → [9,4,-1] = (12)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4728983/ Sorry, with edit it is now 11.

Killbles
Group Admin

I have a super secret table for hit locations. You guys roll em, I tell you what you hit.

And yes, they all fire together, each one contributing 1d5 damage.

Please don't roll until I tell you to, the one exception is for scan rolls at the begining of a incursion, roll them as soon as you want.

Sorry, caught in the moment.

Killbles
Group Admin

No worries, just don't keep doing it.
Even with the stressed motivators, Horizon Brave twists away from the spray with ease!

It's now your turn! Fire the freezer cannons? Stomp the pleb? Punch the pleb?

Killbles
Group Admin

Hit location please, roll me a 2d10.

Killbles
Group Admin

Cock. I screwed up the point blank range rules. You can dodge, parry or block point blank shots unless the firer is prone and the target is standing.... Not the other way around! Derp! Still, doesn't mater, I rolled badly enough on Igor's flame breath bile thing that it would've done sweet shit all

So we can still have snow cones?:pinkiegasp:

Killbles
Group Admin

"Cool off!"

With a hiss, the venting around Horizon Brave's Freezer cannons slids open and a spray of liquid carbon-dioxide and Liquid nitrogen washes over Igor. The Kaiju writhers and screams and rolls aside, it's shoulder taking the brunt of the super-cooled cloud. It's skin starts to contract and crack and large black and purple sores appear over its flesh as the cells wither and die.

L. Shoulder Hit! 10 Damage! -3 Armour. 2 Strikes inflicted! Igor is at -1 HtH and Dexterity!

3834408 That's kind of an odd rule. Seems strange that if I'm standing and you're on your ass and you shoot me point blank I can't react.
Especially if I was shooting you, you could even though you're lying on the ground.
:derpyderp1:

Punch the shoulder! Shatter it!
3834423 Where you been?:derpytongue2:

Killbles
Group Admin

Trashing and writhing uncontrollably, Igor stands, trying to get out of the swirl mist which burns and peels its skin away. As it tries to stand, Horizon Brave presses it's advantage!

Passing Attack!

Basically, if you make a move action that would pass or start next to an enemy, your opponent gets to make a free attack.

[ ] Punch!
[ ] Kick!
[ ] Grapple!
[ ] Slam again!

Comment posted by spawnofmetroid deleted Nov 26th, 2014

Does he still count as prone for this attack?

Killbles
Group Admin

When they're on their arse and you're over them, it's a bit harder to make a split-second move to either shove them away or get out the way. That's how I see it. When they're on the ground they can presumably try and roll away, although there are negatives to doing shit while prone.

Killbles
Group Admin

I don't think so. So, grapple or punch or slam.

I say grapple, don't let him get away.

Guys, why don't we finish this tomorrow when we can all focus. I have college and I bet you guys have something to do.
Come again at around 7:00-8:00? Good night. I had fun.

CURB STOMP FOR BIG STUNS!
1d10-1+2+2=10(7+3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4729003/

3834447 Stun>Break his arm>grapples
3834457 Well it's almost 7:20pm for me so I'm good. But if you need a break go for it.

Killbles
Group Admin

Wrong modifiers, if you're kicking you'll just be at a flat 1d10 (1d10-1(base)+2(HtH)-1 (Negative). If you're slamming with your feet, then you'd be at 1d10+1

This is one reason I'm asking for people to hold their rolls for the moment, especially early game when everything doesn't isn't locked in your head yet

Whoops. Much cock ups.

Killbles
Group Admin

Still kicking? Slam-kicking?

3834468 Ah, yes.
1d10+1=3 (2+1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4729006/
...going to blame Private Jimmy for this. Clearly his fault.

Killbles
Group Admin

GG
Roll me a hit location because I screwed up my roll even more...

Also for damage, just so you know, a Slam will always do your flat strength in damage. A regular attack will do the difference between your attack and their reaction in damage.

2d10=14
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4729009/
Hnnggggg.
Maybe we should have a locked thread that just lists up all our moves and what roles they involve with our current stats, so that we can have an easy reference sheet?

Killbles
Group Admin

Horizon Brave isn't having any of it, raising a massive foot and slamming the Kaiju back into the ground, pinning the Kaiju there firmly with a massive traction pad across its windpipe.

No Damage!
Igor is Stunned!
Igor is Prone!

Your turn!

Called shot, Slamming the frozen shoulder.

Killbles
Group Admin

Okay, exiting GM mode here for just a sec.

As I explained in a few posts above, a slam really don't do damage, it's not supposed to do that. it does knock the target prone and that's about it. Slamming his shoulder right now would pretty much do nothing. Additionally, you didn't do enough ice damage to freeze the limb solid, there's no damage bonus for hitting it at the moment. In fact, you probably won't be able to get high enough damage on your cannons to freeze shit properly until you fix the third one.

I'd just punch the snot out of him.

GM mode activate

Sorry what?

Argh I did it again. Yes you're right, hur why am I trying to knock the prone enemy prone.
MANY PUNCHES. INTO HIS SHOULDER. I NEED A HAND LET ME BORROW YOURS.

Killbles
Group Admin

Roll me a 1d10+3! (Trust me, don't do a called shot, or if you are... hit the eyes or something vital)

Trust the DM he knows all things.
PUNCHES.
1d10+3=11(8+3)

EDITS: HIT LOCATIONS I REMEMBERED
2d10=16
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4729013/

Killbles
Group Admin

Horizon Brave's fist draws back and then descends on the Kaiju's face. Igor has a moment to scream before...

*SPLOOSH*

"Ha, That was easy!"

CATERGORY II KAIJU IGOR HAS BEEN DEFEATED

You just pulped his brain. Head shots do that to people!

On that note, I'm leaving this here for now. I have to seriously consider if I'm going to keep running this on fimfic because frankly, their forum system sucks. I may end of migrating this thing to Sufficient Velocity... I'll think about it.

3834509 Cool. Let us know what you you decide. :twilightsmile:

3834513 Hey, it was 3:00 A.M. where I am. So, yeeeaah. Either way thanks for the kill.

Comment posted by caloricmango deleted Jul 29th, 2015

kicks the war room door open and walks into the room "did i miss the face smashing?"

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 150