Elric of Melnipony: The Group 81 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 507 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 507
Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Arcum is of the opinion that I should show off a little now that this group exists, and since people have expressed appreciation for my silly pony captions in the past, I figured I would put together a thread of 'em. Some of the images have been edited in small ways, which is why I mentioned that in the title as well.

Here's one of my earliest efforts. I took an existing vector of the Mane Six, rearranged it, added and rescaled a vector of Derpy, and added the caption to the result:

1500x1500 version at Derpibooru

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

There used to be a smaller pic of Princess Luna in fairly frequent use, with poorer image quality, and "huzzah" was spelled wrong.

I don't really see that one much anymore.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

If I remember correctly, this came about as the result of a Ponychan thread asking people to come up with book ideas...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I think this was my first experiment in adding a border/outline to text. Given the image editor I was using at the time, it really wasn't that easy. I'm pleased with the result, though.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

She really doesn't seem to be giving one, does she?

1000x1900 version at Derpibooru

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

That's "Anarchy in Equestria" by the Snuggle Pistols. (This must have been after I found out about the ROFLbot captioning tool.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

And yet I don't seem to have used any special captioning tools on this one:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Nopony knows where you are... how near or how far.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

When I saw this pic for the first time, the caption seemed so obvious that I was surprised no one else had done it yet.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I've seen variations on this joke since then, but I never saw anyone make the joke before I did...

scoots2
Group Contributor

Great idea! I often find out something's your edit after I use it.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm not a big fan of Dash, but this expression begged to have something attached to it.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I should see if I can find a larger version of this shot, or at least one without the Hub logo.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Another case of adding a caption to a low-quality, small pic.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

A variation on "And then they all fucked. The end."

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

An artist once did a pic of the "Pin the Heart on the Pony" game without Twist in a blindfold. I decided her raised hoof looked threatening enough (despite the friendly look on her face) for me to do this:

How about I slap your shit?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I knew I had seen an image like this, but at the time I wanted to upload it to Derpibooru, I couldn't find it again.
So I made a new one.

Thanks to Google image search, I was able to find actual Mortal Kombat "Fatality" lettering on a transparent background.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Not much to say... this one is fairly simple.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Scoots believes in you. (Inspired by images on the internet with similar sentiments, but usually written with errors.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

The first "Because ponies!" image I ever saw was Pinkie in this pose from a screencap.
I decided I wanted to do a background-free version.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I don't know that I'd want to write a whole story featuring Zecora's rhymes, but she can be fun in captions.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

For a while, I kept seeing a Lyra reaction (I think it was animation rather than a still image) that said, "I'd hit it!" It was all over the place on Derpibooru for a bit, and I got tired of it. I made several variations.

Okay, just one more. (The remaining two aren't as good.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Back to the simple captions. I think by that point, ROFLbot had taken away the option to leave their logo off of pics, and that didn't work for me. (Or maybe I just couldn't get it to fit with their formatting or something, I don't remember.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

The Princess of the Moon hath proclaimed thy suckage.
(And here's a pic with a similar message, but it's much larger, file-wise, than I wanna link.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

They really hated your Gary Stu alicorn OC.

1280x720 PNG version at Derpibooru

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

You're a mare of the world, right? You've been around a bit...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

First version I did (from a low-grade screencap posted to Ponychan):

New and improved version (done with a screencap from the wiki):

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I've been able to get a lot of material from Luna, really...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

And in case you somehow haven't noticed already, I do like to throw in naughty words from time to time...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Oh, look: more Luna!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Then there was that shot where I just thought Luna looked like she was posing for a real estate ad, so I made one:

Though the name is no longer in use, there's an area on the Moon that was once identified as the Sea of Dreams -- or in Latin, Mare Desiderii.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

More to come later...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This is another case where there was a smaller version around with a low-quality pic, and I thought I could do better.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Luna again...

Another bit of Luna, but with a file size larger than I want to include in the thread. I should have converted more of these to JPG files...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm kind of a fan of the phrase "bitch, please".

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Celestia's caption is the main focus, but I think the secondary reactions from the other ponies are what really sell this.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Once again, there used to be a smaller version of lower quality floating around, but I don't see that one much anymore...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I should probably do more Pinkie Pie pics.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I love the fact that she has one eye on the page and one eye on the viewer.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This took some extra effort, but it was completely worth it.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This one is technically just an edit. It originally just had the standard "That is my fetish" caption.
I Zecora'd it.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Zecorafication!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

And a plea on behalf of zebras:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Of course, not everyone is a fan of rhyming zebras. Meet the haiku gazelle:

(Someone actually turned this idea into a story.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

My brain goes strange places now and then...

Quick question in between this onslaught of pictures:
Would you be up for marrying a lemon? Is that something you could see as a possibility?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 507