Displaced 4,429 members · 1,266 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

[Edit: Comment Mode turned on, silly North forgot to do that!]
Hello Everyone!

Northern Desert here just wanting to let you all in on a secret project of mine (With our all powerful leader's approval of course)! Since October, I've been working on something that I hope can help both current and new writers alike excel in their work while also setting up some sort of support for them to work with.

So I went and wrote a guide!

I just really wanted to contribute to the group in some way, and so I came up with this precious child of mine. I ran it by the contributors and some admins and they seemed to like it, so I feel like it is ready to be brought to the main group! The advice in this guide will be useful and flexible depending on how you, the writer, uses it. It comes with writing tips, useful information and tactics on how to best take and use criticism and apply it to your story. It also delves into the dangers of writing crossovers with other authors and offers ideas on how to make working with other authors enjoyable for you and them.

The link I've already posted above will send you to the guide, which is currently set on view only mode. I set it on view only mode because due to my own schedule and the large amount of people in this group. This will allow me to see what suggestions you've made so that I can (A) Know what you're trying to say and make sure that the rest of the guide can agree with that, and (B) to ensure accidents and overall craziness that is a ton of people making their own suggestions.

Pleas voice your opinions on this thread, in the doc, or just PM me personally! Whatever you want. Some of you will agree with certain things I say, some will disagree. This guide isn't meant to force others to obey it, it's here to help people get started. For all I know, people will completely ignore it. That would suck, but it's understandable...but I want to give the people who do care about improving their writing have something to look at!

All my thanks got to the many admins and contributors who've glanced at his and pointed out any flaws within the guide! I can't wait to see what all of you can do using this guide and I wish every author here the best of luck.

Also, I want to give a big shout out to Middy who agreed to letting me write this and continually encouraging to continue it! She really does care about all of you and making sure you get all the help you can, so don't forget that :twilightsmile:

(P.S. As mentioned before, some things will be agreeable/disagreeable. This guide is not meant to attack people, so please refrain from taking anything personally. Also...for the love of all that is holy, this is meant to be fun for everyone and helpful, don't go bashing each other due to conflicting opinions.)

(P.S.S. Future editing for taking the lore and applying it to your story will begin when all of that gets settled out)

(P.S.S. I know some people here are only members just to mess about/troll/or generally hate the Displaced trend. While my first question would be asking why the heck you're here if you dislike the group, I know some of you may want to write a future crackfic involving Displaced, yes I know who you are :trollestia:! That being said, I will update the guide with a section for crackfics because I love all of you X3...it's not like I want to read funny crackfics though! Baka...)

Awesome! Great job man!

why is this not pinned?

This is a very good guide, and I think it's a must-read for members old and new.

Pinned. Someone beat me to it.

5035294 Thanks!

5035305 It is now :3

5035375 That means a lot coming from you!

Pinned. Someone beat me to it.

unpin it a repin it. No one will ever know :3

This is what I have been asking for all this time. :rainbowkiss: :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7