WWE Fanbase 62 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
chillbook1
Group Admin

It's that time of the month again. Time for a pay-per-view. This Sunday is Hell in a Cell, and these are my predictions for the show.

Pre-show match: Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable vs The Hype Bros
Shelton/Gable. Is there even anything to talk about?

Randy Orton vs Rusev
I want Ruru to win. Ruru needs the win. So, of course, that means that a quick RKO OUTTA NOWHERE and Orton will take the win

Bobby Roode vs Dolph Ziggler
I like Zig, I really do. He won me over last year in his feud with the Miz. It's just a damn shame that they have nothing to do with him. Roode is taking the win, and hopefully Ziggles jumps ship to RoH or something to get his stock up. Just take a Drew McIntyre-esque sabbatical from WWE and come back hotter than the sun in the middle of July.

The New Day (c) vs the Usos for the SDL Tag Team Championships in an Usos Penitentiary Match (Hell in a Cell)
If you would've told me last year that the Usos would be one of my favorite tag teams in history, I'd ask you "who the fuck are the Usos?". That heel turn saved them, gave them an outlet for incredible characters. Their ring work has always been pretty excellent, but now their promos are just crackling with this rhythmic energy. And I want the Usos to take the gold. But not yet. I think The New Day will keep the belts to start feuding with the Hype Bros whenever they go heel (or, perhaps, Harper and Rowan). This will put the Usos with the Fashion Police again, which will give Breeze and 'Dango some much-deserved screen time.

AJ Styles(c) vs Baron Corbin for the US Championship
This is another no-brainer. Does Corbin even still have a chance? Of course AJ is going to win.

Natalya (c) vs Charlotte Flair for the SDL Women's Championship
I'm not too fond of Nattie, but I love me some Charlotte. That said, I think they might be keeping the belt on Natalya until Survivor Series. A Hart, a title, a Survivor Series pay-per-view... Sounds like all the ingredients to make a Screwjob. Add in the garnish of Carmella with the MitB, and it seems inevitable. Either that or they're going to have Carmella cash in on Becky for MAXIMUM HEAT. Either way, and I hope I'm wrong, I think Natalya is retaining

Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens in a Falls Count Anywhere Hell in a Cell Match
I wasn't high on this match to start with, but the build has won me over. I absolutely adore Kevin Owens as the deranged psychopath. He plays that role well. And Shane as the resilient, won't-back-down babyface is similarly awesome. The problem is, I don't know how much I want to see Shane jump off of the Cell and kill himself. Plus, there's a storyline from Smackdown that I think could go places.

A few weeks ago, Sami spoke to Kevin, basically telling him to chill the fuck out. Kevin said fuck you and he got a powerbomb for his troubles. Just Tuesday, Sami spoke to Shane, telling him to calm down and not to take Kevin's bait. Shane said fuck you, and Shane got a powerbomb for his troubles. So, what I'm thinking is that Shane will be too beat-up and battered to compete, and Sami Zayn will take his place. I say this mostly because Sami hasn't been on the main card of a PPV since... What, Rumble? And, besides, I'll never get tired of seeing Sami and Kevin beat the shit out of each other. So, my prediction is Sami takes Shane's place and wins.

Jinder Mahal (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Chapionship
Jinder. They have an India tour in December, and they want the gold on Jinder for that. Maybe he drops it after the fact to Shinsuke, and then AJ wins the Rumble, so we have Shin vs Styles for the title at Mania, although I'm fantasy booking now.

Those are my predictions. Do you disagree? Call me a fucking idiot in the comments, and do better yourself. See y'all tomorrow!

chillbook1
Group Admin

Okay, so I'm altering my prediction a bit on account of the US Title Match becoming a Triple Threat.

I've got Corbin pinning Dillinger, to free up AJ for a future run at the world title.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2