Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Mmm... It's incomplete and the last chapter was posted 2014. I can't accept this, regardless of its contents. Sorry. It would feel like a crime to point people at it just so they can hit that brick wall with no real hope of it ever finishing.

Darkness in Sweetie Belle
Slice of Life
3,750 words
Grammar: 7/10 -- Spelling errors detected. The rhyming pattern feels forced and stilted.
Characterization: 10/10 -- The first chapter is an OC, but seems coherent with itself?
Use of show canon: 2/10 -- Zebras have Wiccan? Who knew?! Another zebra lives in the Everfree besides Zecora? I do wonder why the author didn't just use Zecora. It's an odd decision to use another zebra who lives in the Everfree but is not Zecora.
Plot consistency: 10/10 A zebra is haunted by the dead she nonimally has power over. The first chapter teases at potential adventure to come!
Coherence: 10/10 The first chapter seems clear enough.
Incomplete: 0/10 2 years dead isn't a good sign.
Total: 39/60, 65%, Maybe it'll continue some day? Here's to hoping.

5710012 Your hopes came true, for you see, this novel is finished. All 50 chapters of it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y1I6tdbz9vOcIlpfRryC2Iv8lskIDLVLYlhxWISRdW8/edit

But yes; it did take me years to write it, and I still haven't gotten myself in a state of mind to actually publish it, as I want to make it even better.

You're right about the rhyming part. It's really hard to do well. This is the very best I'm capable of. I will remove the Wiccan part. You're not the first one to mention it. In my dictionary, Wiccan is a synonym for a witch. That's why I used that word.

I wouldn't get 10/10 characterization if I were to use Zecora. Since when does Zecora talk to the dead on the regular basis? Besides, Zecora has her role later on in the novel.

All in all, a very good review. I appreciate it very much. It will help me to improve my story. Thank you.

5710349 Thanks and glad to hear the criticism is being taken constructively. Keep up the writing!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3