Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
hailspider
Group Admin

Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/274421/the-grudge
Wordcount: 6,449
Rating: Teen
Genres: Alternate Universe, Human.

Grammar: Has problems with clarity due to poor paragraph spacing and formatting. Aside from that, it's nearly impeccable. 8/10
Characterization: The characters all but lack it, with the exception of Celestia, who maintains her characterization from the show reasonably well. The format for the majority of the fic doesn't help, as their speeches are largely impersonal. 3/10
Use of show canon: There's barely anything tying this to the show, aside from a few name drops. Even Celestia being present doesn't accomplish much. 4/10
Plot consistency: Perhaps this story's strongest point. The plot is entirely consistent within itself, as far as I can tell. 10/10
Use of OCs: Nothing special. It's not particularly bad either, though it would be better if we actually knew more about the OCs. 6/10
Coherence: It's very coherent, aside from the "Arrival" section, which just seems out of place where it is. 6/10
Genres:
Alternate Universe: It's actually rather well done, even if the expository segments aren't all that interesting. 7/10
Human: For once, there being a human actually accomplishes something using ponies couldn't (at least not easily). 8/10
Conclusion: This is actually a decent, creative fic, even if it doesn't really have much to do with ponies or the world of MLP:FiM. However, its own characters stab it in the back, being ill-developed and bland. I'm also going to say that while the romance aspect of the fic isn't particularly well developed, the lack of the tag is still conspicuous.
46/80 = 57.5%
Rejected.

hailspider
Group Admin

For whatever reason, the genres I originally listed and graded this on weren't actually the story's genres. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but it's been fixed.

It's not your fault, I think that my tablet keeps messing up with certain operations on this site. For instance, I can't upload my avatar or story cover pics. Sorry.:fluttercry:

hailspider
Group Admin

4683111 I'm not sure if this is your problem.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4