Nonpareil Fiction 286 members · 273 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

When will be the inbox be opened? I wish to put some of my stories into it asap.

Seriously. What's going on?

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

I almost missed this post. This group hasn't been active for over a year. I no longer have any reviewers. :applecry:

5615548 hmm... Well, I know a few people that could help. That is, if you want

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

5615596 Sure. If you know people who'd like to help revive the group, that'd be great.

Wing
Group Admin

Well, some time ago I put together an idea to keep the group moving. Twi-Fi and I briefly discussed it, but.. it never got the all-clear.

Essentially, reviewing pieces one at a time is not sustainable for a small group of reviewers. It just isn't. The backlog is cluttering and it builds and there ya have it. Things get stagnant. My thought was we open a submission period for one week a month. During that time folks are free to enter their pieces. Once that window closes, the reviewers go through the works, choose their picks and add them to the library. They then can explain why they chose those picks. All the other entries get purged before the next review cycle is complete. Perhaps additional messages can be sent to those who had works that might have been close but needed some cleanup to make the cut. The aim here is to keep the queue fresh. The worst thing for me as a reviewer of this group was writing to someone who had submitted their story 5 months ago... only to tell them that it didn't make the cut. To be fair, no one reacted negatively. But it killed me to keep people waiting FOR MONTHS only to tell them that I didn't think their work was good enough.

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

That is an idea I really like. And if we can get some reviewers, I'd like to give it a try.

5616612 sorry for the pate reply. I'll ask some of my friends once I get off work

5616612 I told them. Now we wait to see if they will join

5615548 one of my friend joined. Just FYI

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

5620082 to be a reviewer?

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

5621619 Sweet! Tell your friend I'll send something out Friday to get things rolling. Are you interested too?

5624593 I'm good and I do have a suggestion for you. That is if you wish to hear it.

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

5624624 Of course

5624688 Well, like my (or rather Sparkletop Raindrops) group, we had a good read, great reads and beat reads. This way, we can store stories in a much easier way. That is, if you want.

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

5625050 We do by genre, but that might change once we try Wing's idea. I haven't given this group much thought since we broke apart so we'll be rebuilding and rethinking everything.

5625785 It was only a idea. You didn't have to follow it if you didn't want to. As for my friend, just talk to her and I'm sure she will assist. Here's the link

I forgot this group existed... dam.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19